|Job Ref:||EMP366753||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Salary:||£45,000 - £52,000/year||Post Date:||25/10/2016 21:33|
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Principal or Associate Bridge Engineer, for one of the UK's leading design consultancies, to develop their bridge & structural team and lead them towards successful goals.|
Experience leading teams on a variety of bridge / structural projects
• To be able to work in close collaboration with team members of other disciplines and have an appreciation of their role.
• To work with the bridges leadership to drive forward best practice and training within the UK bridges team.
• Prepare bid and contract documentation.
• Prove ability in financial arrangements for projects including fee forecasting, fee preparation, and allocation.
• Proven abilty in different procurement and contractual arrangements for projects.
• To ensure that the technical content of all work carried out is correct and carried out in accordance within agreed timescales and within agreed budgets.
• Attend team meetings providing feedback on your/company development.
• Apply and promote policies relating to health and safety (including CDM Regulations), quality, and training.
• Bachelor degree or masters level qualification in an appropriate engineering discipline
• Chartered or keen to achieve Chartered Status of an appropriate professional institution e.g. MICE/MIStructE
• Will have a proven record as a competent Project Manager on a number of projects.
• Understanding of the company business plan, and assistance with the preparation of the team business plan, current and future priorities, and of specific objectives which are applicable to own role and project work.
• Contribute to the development of company procedures by taking an active role in task groups.
• Current experience of highway or Rail bridge design.
• Experience of the design of highway structures within a Design & Build environment.
• Should be conversant with structural analysis techniques
• Good working knowledge of MS Excel & AutoCad required.
• Experience of preparing fee estimates and proposals.
• The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and clients and to produce clear and concise reports.
• Commitment to delivering quality products.
• Able to project a professional image and develop strong Client relationships.
• Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required.
• Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met.
• Take responsibility for personal development.
• Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions.
• Enjoys focussing on the detail and undertaking analysis and calculation.