|Job Ref:||EMP371890||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Marine||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£36,000 - £44,000/year||Post Date:||03/10/2016 21:34|
My client a world leading car carrier company are looking for a Marine Superintendent to manage a small fleet of Ro-Ro vessels. This role is suited to someone who has sailed as a deck office on Ro-Ro, Ro-Pax or Car Carriers or who has experience reviewing and producing stowage plans. |
Experience of reviewing or producing stowage plans.
Export stow planner from Europe/Mediterranean/Africa trades with responsibility for safe and efficient, high quality cargo operations.
Monitor build-up of export cargo bookings ahead of loading to check load viability whilst modifying virtual deck set-up of vessel to maximise income and income-yields.
Primary Job Responsibilities and Measurement
• Planning for all export trades from Europe/Mediterranean/Africa (RTW, USCX, ESEA, EME, AFCON).
• Prepare pre-stow plans and instructions using most suitable method including SPEX-PCC (NYK computer-based stow plan system) and scale drawing and distribute for POLs (Port of Loadings) using drawing tools, such as MS-Excel or Adobe Acrobat.
• Support Outbound and Inbound team on all cost related matters, specifically stevedoring cost matters.
• Give support where required for quality and damage prevention activities including customer reporting of inbound and outbound cargo.
• Control lashing and cargo handling gear stocks on vessels to ensure sufficient stock for each export voyage from Europe.
• Provide technical support, for example roll-trailer stuffing instructions and cargo/vessel suitability or condition info to all agencies as required.
• Attend and supervise loading/discharge operations in all ports covered by region on ad hoc basis. Attend all vessels which planed by this position in Southampton as much as possible. Give support and cooperation to crew to ensure smooth cargo ops.
• Produce port captain operation reports for vessel attendance to share feedback and monitor improvements made in areas of weakness by stevedores and ship-crew.
Skills, Qualifications and Expertise
• RORO Planning experience is highly desirable.
• Sea experience on-board cargo vessels preferred.
• Experience within the shipping industry would be ideal.
• Good computer skills (competent in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and possesses some limited programming knowledge).
• Ability to understand and present complex ideas.
• Able to meet deadlines and overcome conflicting priorities.
• Enjoys working in multi-cultural international business environment.
• Year round attendance required during cargo work routinely in Southampton and other European ports as required.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
If you have the required experience and would like to have an informal chat please contact Richard Holley on: NA | NA