|Job Ref:||EMP371961||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Marine||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£26/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:31|
Technical Author – MMS – Portsmouth, Hampshire – 5 Months - £26.05 p/hr. LTD|
The ability to use and populate a Logistics Support Analysis Record.
Purpose of Role:
• To produce Maintenance documentation to the required specification and customer requirement within the agreed budget and timescale using the appropriate application specified for a particular contract.
• To ensure the development of a design for support solution that meets platform requirement, can add value to the Engineering discipline and is endorsed by the design community.
• Maintain the company’s principles with regards code of conduct and ethics.
• To ensure safety issues relating to products and services are properly evaluated and addressed.
• To ensure that all safety issues, applicable to the task(s) under their control covered by Technical Publications MMS and Spares support deliverables and services, are properly evaluated and addressed in accordance with the company’s Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) policy.
• To assist in the compilation and review of user guides, procedures, policies and processes as detailed on the Business Management System (BMS) as directed.
• Knowledge in a defined engineering mechanical or electrical discipline to enable effective interpretation of Drawings, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) handbooks or other technical source documentation to achieve extraction of information for assembly into written maintenance procedures.
• Competent and confident in using software packages such as MS Office and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001.
• Will be conversant with, or have the ability to use and populate a Logistics Support Analysis Record.
• Will understand or have the ability to use and populate Computerised Maintenance Systems (CMMS) as required.
• Familiarity with the design and development of naval ships.
• ONC/HNC qualified, or equivalent in a relevant discipline, or equivalent technical or professional experience.
• Previous experience liaising with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and suppliers.