|Job Ref:||EMP371606||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||City:||Maidstone||Address:||Salary:||£30,000 - £39,000/annum||Post Date:||25/10/2016 21:32|
Our client is a specialist in water supply engineering and they have a requirement for a Project Planner to join their in-house delivery team in the Maidstone, Kent area.|
Experienced in Primavera P5 or P6 - Understanding of the NEC contract - experienced in Water Industry projects
The project Controller will be responsible for the Project Managers project(s) programme(s) as represented in his P6 Portfolio. He/She will support the project manager in developing and maintaining the project programme(s) from cradle to grave and will ensure their compliance with respect to current logic, progress, coding, reporting, the production and maintaining of baselines and the change controls relating to programme cost and resource (for Earned Value consideration), following the monthly update cycle. The focus will be the safe and successful delivery of the projects to Time, Cost and Quality and the project controller will be expected to support the project manager in all aspects of the programme production and maintenance.
* Take a lead on the development of the project programme by phase to completion.
* Fully responsible and accountable for the compliance of the programme with respect to its portfolio and project (& activity) coding, budgets, resources and costs.
* Produce updates for progress for each project with respect to actual cost, resource and activity progress including forward planning of resourced & costed activities to completion.
* Produce Reports on projects for the project manager(s) to the agreed formats following the update cycle.
* Set and maintain the coding structures, calendars etc required by the Project Controls Manager for the compliance of the project with respect to reporting and programme management
Reliability - Manages their time to ensure deliverables are achieved to the required timescales. Where difficulties arise they seek solutions to ensure deliverables are still satisfied.
Flexible & Constructive - Works with customers in a flexible manner to ensure their reasonable needs are satisfied whilst still meeting the requirements of the business.
Commitment to Quality - Delivers work to a high level of quality. Self-checks their work to ensure accuracy.
Customer Service - Seeks ways of improving delivery to customers.
Taking Initiative - Develops bespoke solutions to ensure one-off problems are resolved. Seeks ways to standardise improvements to service.
Working Together - Works as part of the Engineering and Project Controls teams adopting a flexible approach. Courteous and respectful to others.
* Compliance with coding regime
* Compliance with reporting regime
* Baseline compliance with respect to change control & maintaining budgets
* A good working relationship with the Project Manager(s) to maintain accurate project programmes.
* Early highlighting of possible problems, slippage of programme and key milestones/achievements required for proactive project controls
* At least a HND in Engineering/Project Management or equivalent training and experience;
* Experienced in Primavera P5 or P6
* Capable of liaising effectively with project managers
* Preferably (but not essentially) experienced in Water Industry projects
* Good interpersonal & communication skills
* The ability to influence others who are not necessarily part of direct line management
* An understanding of commercial contract types (NEC etc) & their requirements with respect to Planning & Project Controls
* Ability to exercise sound project controls judgement with respect to representing programme information & the development of coding structures etc
* Good teamwork skills
If you would like more information about this vacancy or others that Matchtech are working on in the South East then please call Alex Shaw at Matchtech on NA3.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.