|Job Ref:||EMP371713||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Dorset||City:||Weymouth||Address:||Post Code:||TF9||Salary:||£25,000 - £30,000/year||Post Date:||25/10/2016 21:31|
This is an immediate requirement for a Software Test Engineer or Qualification Engineer with experience of working on a mix of Software, Electronics and Mechanical products.|
Software Test, Electronics
A great opportunity has arisen for a Software Test Engineer to work for a leading Electronics design company in the Bournemouth area. This Software Test Engineer role will be working on a number of new programmes and products being developed for both the UK and international markets.
JOB DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS
Responsibilities for this role
- To examine/ analyse fault reports and other associated information/ documentation.
- To set-up printing machine or specific product module, to exactly replicate/ mimic the conditions when the fault was identified.
- To undertake various tests to verify/confirm that a specific fault has been rectified.
- Where appropriate introduce, develop, and document new test specifications.
- To complete, following completion of testing, appropriate test specification documentation and feed results back to relevant people.
- Where practicable provide alternative solutions to rectify identified faults, should the fault re-occur during the testing process.
- To liaise with Customer Support Engineers, other ASM engineering functions and customers to obtain, amongst other information, further technical details relating to the specific fault under test.
- To provide coaching, in own areas of expertise, to more junior members of the test engineering team.
- To record any additional defects detected during the general testing process. Recommend fixes to defects or liaise with relevant engineering function.
- To maintain a clean and safe working environment.
Requirements for this role
- Qualified, or actively working towards completion, HNC or equivalent level (preferably in an engineering/ computing or science/ technical related discipline; or
- Previous experience working successfully in an engineering/ software environment, ideally undertaking testing responsibilities.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge/ appreciation of all engineering disciplines e.g. mechanical/ electrical & software.
- Able to share own expertise and provide guidance and support to other team members.
- Able to work under own initiative with limited guidance required in own area of knowledge.
- Able to apply knowledge and skills to a variety of standard and non-standard problems.
- Able to identify unusual technical problems.
- Able to build stable and useful working relationships.
- Able to develop skills in basic theories, practices or procedures in one or more 'skill-areas' through formal training.
- Able to apply basic knowledge/ skills to own work.
- Able to apply a logical and systematic approach when solving relatively complex problems.
- Able to communicate effectively face to face and in writing with people at various levels in an organisation.
- Able to achieve goals/ objectives as an individually and also preferably in a team environment.
- Understands key internal/ external business issues and best practice in own discipline area.
- Able to organise own time and workload to deliver against tasks set by others, with a limited, short-term horizon.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.