Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
AECOM is actively seeking a Deputy Transportation Line Manager for immediate employment. The successful candidate will bring a level of expertise in project management, client and customer management, and display evidence of good leadership, business partnering and influencing skills.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Technical leadership: strong capability in leading transportation design teams and proven capacity to encounter creative technical solutions to problems that require optimization in designs. Proven capability to review project drawings and other design products to ensure optimal quality and timely delivery
- Management of Business: Proven capabilities to plan complex transportation projects, develop programs, establish and manage procurement plans, manage working capital, manage financial performance, and ensure that projects are executed according to plan
- Risk Management: This role will be intimately familiar with the operation of the business and with the economic commercial environment, should inform of any issues facing the business while anticipating and preventing unexpected situations.
- Playing a "Hands-on" Role & Ensuring Strong Collaboration: Will be sufficiently agile to operate as leader while also getting involved in the details of the work; they will be expected to take a proactive approach in helping the business to solve problems.
- Project Accounting Management: The role will be responsible for driving accounting interface to ensure timely and accurate preparation and upload of estimates at completion (EAC); validate the accuracy of revenue recognition at month end; co-ordinate responses to client audit requests; and review significant project results and variances with the Project Accounting Team
- Working Capital Management: Responsibility for driving working capital management and reporting, through the achievement of cash flow objectives, engage in capital expenditures and seek to find cost effective solutions, to ultimately instill a culture of cash
- A Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering as well as a Master's degree in Geotechnical or Structures or Highways and Ports
- 10 years' experience including 5 years in a senior position; including team management experience, project management, and business development
- Ability to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills in Spanish and English, the successful candidate will be comfortable participating both as an effective contributor and a listener in group settings which include senior staff.
- Capabilities to establish business partnerships and procure services required to deliver complex highway and other transportation projects. It is also important to be able to develop, integrate and price proposals for Infrastructure projects, requesting specific support from technical teams when it could be needed
- Understanding the Business: Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; understands various types of business propositions and understands how businesses operate in general; learns new methods and technologies easily.
- Action and Outcome Orientated: Approaches the role with drive and energy with an eye on the bottom line; not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known; drives to finish everything they start
- Highly Organized: Is well organized and resourceful; effective and efficient at coordinating multiple resources to get things done; can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; foresees and plans around obstacles
- Experience in highways and bridges and other similar infrastructures is essential and experience in rail, ports, airports and other transportation lines
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.