|Job Ref:||ATEDM||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£ 60,000 - £ 75,000 per year||Post Date:||05/10/2016 00:38|
Design Manager - Birmingham - Industrial/Warehouse Project|
A leading top-tier contractor has a unique opportunity for an experienced Design Manager to join their team. This opportunity has materialised through impressive project wins providing organic growth for the business unit throughout the region. You will have great career prospects across a number of varied, high profile schemes in the West and East Midlands.
You will need extensive experience in the design stage of industrial/warehouse units up to the value of £100m.
Our client is aggressively and successfully bidding on numerous industrial projects across the country and requires a Design Manager to help an already existing team.
As the successful Design Manager you will be based on site and in the office located in Birmingham, contributing to the delivery of a flagship project in excess of £50M.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Managing a design team.
* Managing the design process using his/her commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise.
* Supporting, understanding and advising the client as to the requirements and his/her obligations in the development of a building design.
* Encouraging and inspiring design consultants to produce their best work using their full flair, experience, resources and talents in a cost effective way.
* Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice, where appropriate.
* Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales.
* Striving to eliminate health and safety risks in the design and financial risks during construction.
As a Design Manager you should have the following;
* 10 years' experience as a Design Manager
* Practical construction background as an Engineer advantageous.
* A track record delivering complex industrial/warehouse projects.
* Main contractor/design experience essential
* Proven Tender experience.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office.
* Full UK driving License.
Job title: Design Manager
Job type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Package: £55,000 - £75,000 + car/car allowance
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.