|Job Ref:||BBBH141226||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cheltenham||Address:||Post Code:||GL50||Salary:||£ 35,000 - £ 40,000 per year, Free Lunches, Pension etc||Post Date:||05/10/2016 00:37|
Senior Infrastructure Engineer - 3rd Line (Design - Projects)|
No such thing as a free lunch?
There is if you are working for this FTSE250 nationally recognised and respected company based in plush offices in Cheltenham! Not only will you benefit from the delicatessen you'll also be working in a role that is largely project focused, challenging but equally rewarding.
Package: Salary to £40,000, bonus scheme, generous pension, private health cover and life assurance, Flexi Hours, free lunches
Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, HyperV, Windows XP, 7, 8, Office365, Active Directory, Exchange, LAN, WAN
The purpose of the role of the infrastructure Engineer within this company will be two-fold. Primarily you will be focused on delivering Infrastructure projects (70%), often complex, and secondly you'll be part of the escalations team meaning any tough escalations that the 1st, 2nd and junior 3rd liners can't resolve will come to you (30%).
To be considered for this position you will need:
* At least 5 years' experience in current IT infrastructure implementation, support & admin.
* Excellent knowledge & experience of managing Windows Server 2003/2008, operating systems XP, 7, 8 and environments at a 3rd line technical level, including scripting, policies & access control
* Excellent knowledge and experience of TCP/IP WAN and LAN networking, including firewalls, switches, VLANs, VPNs, secure channels
* Excellent knowledge & experience of physical & virtual server & hypervisor environments (HyperV being the preferred skill-set)
* Ideally educated to relevant degree level and with current IT-specific qualifications, such as MCSE, CCNA, VCP, ITIL , CompTIA or similar
This is not an opportunity to be missed!
This is an urgent role, and as such my client is looking to appoint ASAP. Please apply now for immediate consideration
Randstad Technologies Ltd is a leading specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.