|Job Ref:||00015648||Employer:||Oxy||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Midland||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 01:03|
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Automation Control Systems Engineer within our Permian EOR Automation group based in Midland, TX. |
Essential Job Duties:
• Serve as project/program manager of projects with a control system upgrade focus with responsibility for all phases of project development and execution. This includes responsibility for all layers of project scope from the instrument/device layer through data communication to data archive and HMI.
• Support project manager in project planning and execution from inception to completion
• Support project manager with project approval, control system & instrument engineering design review, procurement, construction, and be on site for commissioning/startup
• Project tracking and reporting as needed by project manager
• Identify stakeholders, gather project requirements from stakeholders and develop project basis of design
• Support management of contract control system & instrumentation engineering services
• Implement SmartPlant Instrumentation database in Permian
• Mentoring of Asset team Facilities Engineers
• Oversee/perform security analysis and regulatory compliance assessments by identifying key issues and risk in order to comply with applicable standards, policies and regulations.
• Assist in establishing standards, templates, and guidelines as applied to the automation system
• Oversee/create detailed equipment specification and instrument data sheets base on vendor selection criteria, characteristics, and conditions of physical environment, regulations, and performance requirements in order to purchase equipment and support system design and development.
• Oversee/develop a functional description of automation solution (ie control scheme, alarms, HMI, reports) using established rules in order to guide development and programming.
• Oversee/perform the detailed design of the projects by converting the engineering and system design into purchase requisitions, drawings, panel designs, and installation details consistent with the specifications and functional descriptions in order to provide detailed information for development and deployment.
• Oversee/prepare comprehensive construction work packages by organizing the detailed design information and documents in order to release projects for construction.
• Assemble all required documentation and user manuals created during the development process in order to transfer essential knowledge to customer and end user.
• Manage automation portion of project budget and report VOW on a monthly basis
• Support the management of contract engineering services
• BS in Engineering
• Extensive knowledge of control system documentation including Control Philosophy and Cause & Effects development
• Extensive knowledge of electrical engineering and electric code related to control system voltages
• Extensive knowledge of process control instrumentation design and specifications, and instrument list and data sheet development
• Extensive knowledge of PLC programming, HMI integration, and SCADA
• Extensive knowledge of data communication protocols
• Extensive knowledge of DCS integration
• Extensive knowledge of data archive software (ie OSI PI)
• Extensive knowledge of MOCs, HAZOPs and PSSRs
• Knowledge of Ethernet and other networks used in automation
• Knowledge of protective instrumented systems
• Knowledge of project management principles including estimating, scheduling, and implementation
• Familiar with SmartPlant Instrumentation (InTools)
• Basic knowledge of chemicals, pipelines, rotating equipment, surface equipment, used in oil and gas production
• Knowledge of SFRM principles
• 10 years in oilfield automation including wellhead automation is desired
• Experience in instrument design
• Experience with PLC and DCS programming and HMI configuration
• Experience with planning automation networks
Skills & Competencies:
• Expert level of understanding of automation and electrical design principles.
• Understanding of PSSRs and MOCs.
• Extensive expertise in EOR safe work systems.
• Extensive expertise of Electrical / Automation construction codes and practices.
• Extensive knowledge of material specifications and application
• Ability to manage large Budget
• Strong Leadership and Mentoring skills
• Ability to perform under pressure
• Excellent Communication skills
• Knowledge of operations and reservoirs
• Strong understanding of economic and financial analysis
• Networking ability
• Strong decision making skills
• Drive for results
• Creativity and innovation
• Adapts to change and ambiguity
• Demonstrated success with organizations with multi-discipline staffs
• Understands business process and regulatory requirements
• Strong emphasis on customer service
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status