|Job Ref:||00015496||Employer:||Oxy||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||New Mexico||City:||Lovington||Address:||Post Date:||26/10/2016 01:01|
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its Oxy Midstream and Marketing subsidiary gathers, processes, transports, stores, purchases and markets oil, condensate, natural gas liquids, natural gas, carbon dioxide and power. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. |
Centurion Pipeline is an oil-gathering, common carrier pipeline and storage system within the Midstream organization and operates approximately 2,750 miles of crude oil pipelines.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Pipeline Tech based in Lovington, NM.
Essential Job Duties:
• Perform measurement/maintenance relief duties on 24 hour call out basis and perform measurement operations as needed.
• Identify and locate company pipelines including probing, marking, mapping, and flagging company pipelines and assets.
• Perform duties associated with "One Call" pipeline response system.
• Coordinate with third party and company personnel for excavations, crossings, and digs of company pipelines.
• Launching/receiving pipeline scrapers/pigs and all duties associated to maintain line integrity and safe operation.
• Perform valve inspections and associated documentation to ensure proper operation.
• Identify and coordinate pipeline (Right of Way) R.O.W. maintenance and line marker replacement/additions as needed.
• Train and become proficient in other work disciplines and perform relief duties as needed.
• Read and understand line/station gate valve maps, flow diagrams, and alignment drawings.
• Other duties and projects assigned as necessary.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Must possess valid drivers license and have a good driving record.
• Must live within 30 miles of report location.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in petroleum industry, preferably pipeline operations.
• Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and Internet).
• Proficient with laptop computer operations and mapping programs.
• Ability to obtain Operator Qualification per D.O.T. FCR 195 ( Administered by Centurion)
• Requires manual dexterity and visual acuity, ability to lift up to 100 lbs., and work outside in all weather conditions, and extended hours.
• Team player and works well with others.
• Self motivated and able to work with little supervision.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status