|Job Ref:||CA_38232||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Dartford||Address:||Post Date:||10/10/2016 01:05|
Purpose of Role
To provide a professional, safe and effective Portering service.
• Provision of an effective Portering service to the site
• Escort patients between departments, wards and buildings, with occasional driving responsibilities
• Transport equipment, medical records, mail, meals, specimens, furniture and linens
• Provide routine information to colleagues, patients and clients
• Frequent moderate physical effort is required for this role
• The Job Holder may be required to drive small vehicles around site
• Responsible for a variety of tasks, working both stand alone and as part of a team.
• Takes instruction and subject to regular supervision of progress against results/targets.
• Able to prioritise own work, and make decisions in relation to everyday duties
• Regular manipulation of equipment, e.g. trolleys, wheelchairs and beds
• Works well under supervision, and in accordance with the portering manual
• Interacts with stakeholders in regards to specific work efforts and deliverables
Additional Role Information
Portering Operative requited at the Darent Valley Hospital in Dartford to work variable shifts which will include days, nights and weekends.