|Job Ref:||10949BR||Employer:||MWH||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:04|
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their Design team with a Senior Mechanical Engineer. You will provide superior quality Engineering Design services to allow the company to minimise risks and maximise profits on turnkey and engineering services contracts. In order to ensure the above the individual must co-ordinate the design and produce mechanical design documents and drawings taking due account of health and safety requirements, specifications and standards pertaining to the contract.. You will report directly to the Design Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include. |
• Produce mechanical design layouts which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and can be constructed and commissioned effectively.
• Ensure that standard practices are utilised where ever possible.
• Provide estimates and feedback for Proposals department
• Work to procedures and processes to ensure the continuing development of the department
• Assist in developing procedures and processes
• Ensure co-ordination of designs with all other disciplines internal and external to ensure that the design processes carried out on the contract are co-ordinated for the benefit of the contract as a whole.
• Maintain files and records throughout the duration of contracts.
• To work within a culture where satisfying the customer is recognised as the key to achieving other objectives,
• Maintain a personal development plan
• Assist in supervising and developing staff
• Assist in ensuring a safe working environment for all staff
• Reduce waste to a minimum from all departmental activities
• Ensure designs take account of environmental issues
You will be Raynesway Office based - travelling within the UK
• Understand the principles of water and sewage treatment.
• Have experience of controlling members of staff in designing Civil
• Preferable: - Mechanical Engineering degree - 4 years relevant experience
• Minimum:- Mechanical Engineering HND - 5 years relevant experience
• Computer literacy
• Driving license
We are an equal opportunities employer
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)