|Job Ref:||EMP372434||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Medical & Pharmaceutical||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||King's Lynn||Address:||Salary:||£35,000 - £40,000/year||Post Date:||05/10/2016 21:30|
Our client is a leading medical device company and due to continued growth and success they are looking for a Moulding Engineer. The purpose of this role is to manage and complete activities associated with procuring, installing and validating Injection Mould machines and related ancillary equipment tools for new projects and scale-up programmes, to agreed time lines and budgetary constraints. |
Validation of moulding projects experience
• Engineering responsibility for the specification and purchase of new Injection Moulding machines, Robots and other related ancillary equipment to the agreed budget, timelines and purchasing strategy.
• Provide commercially competitive Engineering solutions, estimates / quotations required to underpin opportunity evaluation targeting new business or capacity expansion.
• Obtain Operational team input to new Moulding Cell solutions, agreeing quality and ergonomic requirements
• Plan and execute approved Moulding Engineering projects for NPI to agreed specifications and targets (cost, time and performance) either by leadership of work packages or contributing as a member of a dedicated project team.
• Pro-actively manage equipment manufacture and validation activities ensuring adequate risk assessment are undertaken at design qualification, procurement and validation stages, and that budget and milestones are achieved and verified during manufacture within a framework of change control.
• Provide technical support and guidance to internal and external customers for Moulding Engineering solutions, design, manufacture and any related issues.
• Assist in the emerging technologies together with operational and business requirements/needs in order to evaluate and propose technology platforms or approaches that will provide potential competitive advantage in the area of moulded component production for New Product Introduction and cGMP production.
• Work with Facilities Department and Building Contractors on the specification, quotation and installation of new building services, layouts and Crane installations.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• HNC in mechanical engineering (or equivalent).
• A good understanding and knowledge of moulding processes and a wide range of polymers.
• Project Management experience in the procurement and validation of Moulding Engineering projects for a regulated industry.
• Ability to plan and influence suppliers and customers to ensure project objectives are achieved.
• Experienced practitioner in all aspects of IT, e.g., Production Management Systems, CAD, MS office etc.
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Data driven approach to problem solving using analytical tools.
• Experienced in CAD a benefit.
• Understanding of Polymer Science and experience with wide variety of plastics.