% of time
Establish and lead Finance Shared Services location in Latin America, partnering with functional process owners. Provide oversight and infrastructure support to the site of 300 professionals across all Finance functions.
- Meet staffing, service-level, and financial (cost) objectives of resident services established by regional controllers/internal customers.
- Drive common customer experience by establishing an environment and culture of measurement, monitoring, and continuous improvement.
- Enable coordination across functions, establish standard, stable, processes and shared technology (longer-term).
- Identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities across the Shared Service Center working collaboratively with regional controllers and business leaders, driving an enterprise service delivery mindset.
- Establish and manage Shared Service governance framework and issue resolution processes.
- Serve as the leader and ambassador for LATAM Shared Services internally and as the face to local authorities as guided by Tyco government affairs.
- Foster engagement, commitment, and retention of workforce.
- Support legal and tax frameworks to maximize Tyco ROI
- Oversee delivery of all internal services within the service center (HR/IT/Facilities) etc. directly reporting to the shared service director.
- Establish Lean/Six Sigma infrastructure to support continuous improvement of service delivery activities.
- Establish strategic vision and value proposition throughout LATAM and measure shared service center ROI against initial business case and chargeback process.
- Comply and enforce global corporate values, Guide of Ethical Conduct, and EHS regulations, fostering a Zero Harm culture work environment.
Tyco Business Systems
- Serve as one of the senior Latin America leaders and assist in the establishing the hub (PMO) for the Tyco Business System worldwide.
- Work with country controllers and country leaders to establish robust Tyco Business Systems Models. Drive implementation of models within LATAM regional operations to position Tyco to compete more effectively as a regional and global enterprise.
- Ensure continuity of current and future Finance processes located throughout Latin America. Devise and deploy operational solutions for Finance processes driving efficiency and consistency globally, increasing efficiency and reducing overall delivery costs.
- Oversee monthly and year-end financial close process for all Latin America legal entities within scope, including adherence to LATAM closing calendar, review of balance sheet and income statements, revenue recognition, and other local activities.
- Works with corporate IT to support implementation of enabling technologies within the shared service center (Concur, Workday, e-payables, etc.), supports evaluations and recommendations of new technologies to improve efficiency, cost effectiveness, customer service and/or the quality of the work environment.
- 10 - 15 years of experience working in a leadership role for a Shared Service Center as well as implementation of service centers of at least 300 people.
- 10 -15 years demonstrated ability to manage large, multi-phase/multi-year projects or programs with standard project management tools, methodologies, and frameworks. Leading these projects to successful implementation and full life-cycle management.
- Solid record of contribution leading to improved financial performance, increased productivity, and internal controls.
- Experience with multi-national corporations for the operation of a Shared Service Center and/or regional operations of Finance in Latin America.
- Should be familiar with generally accepted accounting principles and their application.
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Excellent influencing and leadership skills – ability to quickly build rapport, credibility and trust at senior levels.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Extensive process design and management skills.
- Focused, performance/results driven management approach
- Ability to network and communicate effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders (locally, regionally, & globally) managing expectations appropriately.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience managing difficult situations.
- Ability to prioritize, and to work under stress within a continuously changing environment.
- Customer and Service focused.
- Strong communication skills.
- Relationship building skills.
- Result and performance orientation.
- High level of energy, resilience and pro-activeness.
- Independent & flexible, takes initiative, and is pro-active