Life Safety Products Global FP&A Manager, Monroe, NC |
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage all aspects of financial reporting and analysis for Tyco’s Life Safety Products (LSP) Strategic Business Unit (SBU). In addition to supporting the regular Corporate reporting schedule and content, this role will also be responsible for all ad-hoc financial analysis and business planning workload for the SBU which will include: Annual Strategic Business Plan financial preparation, Annual Budget Plan ownership, new product development financial support, mergers & acquisitions due diligence and integration support, key business initiatives financial support, global data warehouse leadership, working capital management as well as all other ad-hoc analysis. The candidate should have experience with Hyperion Essbase software.
This role will supervise three (3) direct reports and will partner with LSP’s Regional Business Controllers, in all aspects of required financial analysis and reporting. This role reports directly to LSP’s Global Finance Director.
Reporting to the Global Finance Director, the Manager of FP&A will
- Coordinate and manage weekly, monthly and quarterly closing content & schedules, across LSP’s regional sites, to support SBU & Parent Corporation reporting deadlines.
- Develop and lead the forecasting and budgeting process for the LSP including coordination with Commercial, Operations, Marketing & Engineering Global leadership.
- Lead Finance contact to support all Parent Corporation Financial initiatives and data requests.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly Financial Results & Analysis Package.
- Serve as Hyperion Essbase contact/lead for the SBU, including ability to create new reports (as requested).
- Co-lead initiative (with IT) to create and launch LSP’s new Global Data Warehouse.
- Develop and implement improved processes and controls within finance as it relates to the financial planning & analysis role.
- Support Regional Business Controllers on all ad-hoc analysis & internal/external audit requests.
- Management of special finance projects and identifying process improvement opportunities.
- Perform variance analysis on monthly, quarterly and annual actual and forecasted financials.
- Prepare and communicate financial information to all levels of the organization.
- Coordinate the monthly forecast process and provide weekly updates to global finance team.
- Serve as Lead Financial Representative on several Key Business Initiatives within the SBU, and support cross functional teams with requested financial information.
- Coordinate the annual operating plan and budget.
- Serve as a mentor and continue career development of LSP Financial Analyst (Direct Reports)
- Prepare and communicate corporate forecast submissions.
Required Education / Experience
- Degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA or CPA preferred.
- Experience in financial analysis and reporting for a durable goods manufacturer preferred.
- Experience working in a Global Multi-National Corporation preferred.
- Prior Experience & working knowledge in of Hyperion Essbase (preferred).
- Strong working knowledge of all MS Office applications, with emphasis on Excel (spreadsheets & graphs) and Powerpoint.
- Experience in a SOX operating environment.
- Previous leadership experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a “team first” mindset.
- Ability to work under pressure & deadlines to prioritize work effectively.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Ability to plan ahead and break complex tasks into clear deliverables.
- Ability to support limited travel opportunities to LSP sites (USA, UK, Australia, China, Mexico, UAE, France, Norway)
- Expertise in accounting for performance of manufacturing operations preferred.
- Understanding of financial statements.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
4 - 6 years of experience in accounting or financial reporting, preferably with emphasis on FP&A.
3-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
Prior Hyperion(Essbase & HFM) experience preferred.