|Job Ref:||139758BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Croydon||Address:||Post Code:||CR0||Post Date:||30/09/2016 12:09|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at ;NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
Our Highway and Multi Modal Planning team in AECOM are looking to recruit a Transport Planning Consultant to be based in our Croydon office. This role has been created as we are expanding to meet the demands of our wide portfolio of clients, offering the potential for significant career progression. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join an accomplished team, working on a range of ground breaking and innovative projects at the forefront of Transport Planning.
The Highway and Multi Modal Planning team plan and evaluate future transport schemes, forecast demand and revenue, undertake economic appraisal, develop business cases as well as determine the relationships between spatial planning and transport. We also undertake transport modelling spanning national, regional, local as well as detailed micro-simulation.
Our current UK public sector clients include the Department of Transport, Transport for London, Highways England as well as a host of local authorities and London boroughs within England. We also have an expanding project portfolio in Europe and Middle East.
Our Croydon office is a 5 minutes walk from both East and West Croydon train stations, both of which offering fast transport links with London and the rest of the south east. It is 5 minutes away from the busy town centre which offers many options for lunch and shopping. And with the new £1billion redevelopment including the new Westfield Shopping Centre underway Croydon is definitely on its way to becoming a stylish part of South London. The Croydon office has a Sports & Social Club which organises a range of activities from ice skating and bowling to theatre and concert tickets.
Role & Responsibilities
To excel in this role you will ideally come from an analytical background, such as mathematics, economics, geography, or engineering and will have gained an appropriate level of experience in the transport planning sector. We value individuals with a combination of analytical and communication skills, and a creative and enthusiastic approach to problem solving. We are seeking an individual with an in depth appreciation of their chosen area with good knowledge of wider transport planning issues.
Your typical responsibilities will include the following:
• Delivering high quality technical tasks independently and with assistance from more senior staff.
• Interacting and coordinating alongside other business lines on various multi-disciplinary projects.
• Contributing to technical client reports and presentations and proposals and respond to client queries resulting from client reports.
• Receive project briefs from a senior manager.
• Attending and contributing to client progress meetings and debriefs.
• Understanding and implementing Quality Assurance procedures and working within financial and programme constraints.
• You will be a graduate with a BSc/MSc/PhD (or equivalent) in an analytical subject with a sound knowledge of the UK transport planning industry.
• We look for team members with the self-motivation and capability to undertake specific tasks with minimum supervision.
• You will have knowledge and experience in transport modelling and forecasting and familiarity with WebTAG and/or experience in using one or more relevant transport planning and simulation software packages e.g. SATURN, PARAMICS, CUBE, EMME, VISSIM, TUBA and spreadsheet modelling.
• You should be able to manage your own time effectively to meet project deadlines and have experience in appraisal and evaluation of transport proposals. This combined with strong technical writing capabilities and the ability to communicate technical concepts and provide a level of supervision to our growing graduate population is important.
• Membership or working towards membership of a chartered professional institution
• Master's degree or PhD in Transport Planning or related subject/social based discipline.
Just an example of some of the core benefits offered by AECOM to our employees: 25 days annual leave bank holidays, company pension scheme, private medical cover, income protection scheme and one paid annual membership fee for an appropriate institution. Our flexible benefits scheme also offers a wide range of benefits enabling you to pick and choose what best suits you.
If you have an up to date CV and are ready to apply please click on the link and send your details to us. However, if you aren't ready or don't have an updated CV then don't worry, contact me at NA for more information.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.