|Job Ref:||139750BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||30/09/2016 12:09|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
Our Highway and Multi Modal Planning team in AECOM are looking to recruit a Senior Transport Planning Consultant to be based in our London office. This role has been created as we are expanding to meet the demands of our wide portfolio of clients, offering the potential for significant career progression. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join an accomplished team, working on a range of ground breaking and innovative projects at the forefront of Transport Planning.
The Highway and Multi Modal Planning team plan and evaluate future transport schemes, forecast demand and revenue, undertake economic appraisal, develop business cases as well as determine the relationships between spatial planning and transport. We also undertake transport modelling spanning national, regional, local as well as detailed micro-simulation.
Our current UK public sector clients include the Department of Transport, Transport for London, Highways England as well as a host of local authorities and London boroughs within England. We also have an expanding project portfolio in Europe and Middle East.
To excel in this role you will ideally come from an analytical background, such as mathematics, economics, geography, or engineering and will have gained an appropriate level of experience in the transport planning sector. We value individuals with a combination of analytical and communication skills, and a creative and enthusiastic approach to problem solving. We are seeking an individual with an in depth appreciation of their chosen area with good knowledge of wider transport planning issues.
Your typical responsibilities will include the following:
• Delivering high quality technical tasks independently and under supervision from more senior staff.
• Interact and co-ordinate alongside other business lines on various multi-disciplinary projects
• Contributing to technical client reports and presentations.
• Developing technical and financial proposals on new projects
• Undertaking relevant research to open up application of pedestrian flow modelling/analysis tools and techniques on wider aspect
• Task management of specifying, supervising, analysing and reporting on a series of quantitative and qualitative exercises
• Undertaking analytical tasks
• Undertake project management (under supervision) for smaller projects, including cost control and client liaison
• Knowledge and experience in transport modelling and forecasting and familiarity with WebTAG and/or experience in using one or more relevant transport planning and simulation software packages e.g. SATURN, PARAMICS, CUBE, EMME, VISSIM, TUBA and spreadsheet modelling.
• Experience in appraisal and evaluation of transport proposals to current DfT standards
• Membership or working towards membership of a chartered professional institution
• Master's degree or PhD in Transport Planning or related subject/social based discipline
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.