|Job Ref:||139740BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Croydon||Address:||Post Code:||CR0||Post Date:||30/09/2016 12:08|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
We are looking to recruit an Associate Director to our Highway and Multi Modal Planning team within our Transport Planning Business in our Croydon office. This role has been created as we are expanding to meet the demands of our wide portfolio of clients, offering the potential for significant career progression. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join and lead an accomplished team, working on a range of ground breaking and innovative projects at the forefront of Transport Planning.
Our Highway and Multi Modal Planning team in AECOM plan and evaluate future transport schemes, forecast demand and revenue, undertake economic appraisal, develop business cases as well as determine the relationships between spatial planning and transport. We also undertake transport modelling spanning national, regional and local as well as detailed micro-simulation.
Our current UK public sector clients include the Department of Transport, Transport for London, Highways England as well as a host of local authorities and London boroughs within England. We also have an expanding project portfolio in Europe and Middle East.
To excel in this role you will ideally come from an analytical background, such as mathematics, economics, geography, or engineering and will have gained an extensive level of experience in the transport planning sector. We value individuals with a combination of analytical and communication skills, and a creative and enthusiastic approach to problem solving. We are seeking an individual with an in depth appreciation of their chosen area with good knowledge of wider transport planning issues.
Your typical responsibilities will include the following:
• You will act as the Project Director/Manager as necessary, with a responsibility for delivering projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
• Manage the workload and technical and commercial management of a team.
• Business development capabilities - Identify and respond to opportunities, prepare fee proposal for submission to client, including resources and programme.
• Develop staff and assist in training and mentoring with a particular focus on assisting staff gain professional accreditation
• Assist in the development and implementation of business strategies.
• Undertake Health & Safety duties including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the project team members and fulfilling all responsibilities for health and safety in design.
• Prepare monthly workload and fee forecasts for the group.
• Ensure IMS procedures are properly followed for all projects, including Environmental and Health & Safety matters.
• Ensure understanding of the environmental impacts relating to their projects and AECOM's offices and encourage environmental awareness in all staff.
• Be forward thinking, anticipating risks (commercial and technical) effectively overseeing this process at Associate Director level
• You will work with the relevant Project Directors to ensure that the project risk management procedures are applied to all projects.
• Have appropriate, timely and current project plans for live projects and proposals.
• Set up projects on the AECOM system and allocate budgets to work stages.
• Prepare and approve fee proposals and contribute to the preparation of submissions.
• Ensure AECOM systems are current and co-ordinate the timely and correct issuing of invoices.
• You will authorise weekly timesheets and monitor financial performance of projects and staff.
• Handle the fee earning workload of the team.
• Deliver projects to supervise expenditure against project fee.
• Professional Accreditation such as TPP, CIHT or MICE.
• Knowledge of the market and potential clients in the South East.
• Demonstrated experience of managing and developing teams.
• Good experience and knowledge in a number of relevant transport planning and software packages e.g. SATURN, PARAMICS, CUBE, VISUM, TUBA, etc.
• Experience developing Business Cases in line with the Office of Government Commerce's Five Case Model to inform funding decisions.
• Experience producing technical challenging transport planning projects.
• Experience running a variety of projects as project leader dealing directly with clients.
• Demonstrate effective communication through a series of channels to ensure clients needs are understood.
• Demonstrate experience of delivering projects on time, to budget and to client expectations.
Application Start Date: 1st September 2016
Application End Date: 29th September 2016
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.