|Job Ref:||RAND - RDQS||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle Upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Salary:||£ 32,000 - £ 40,000 per year, CA + Benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 16:11|
How would you like to become part of one of the biggest residential housing companies in the UK? This company with over 50 years experience in the market is looking to add a Quantity Surveyor to their ever growing commercial team. They are currently involved with multiple residential developments across the North East. This role will be reporting into the Manager Quantity Surveyor and you can join to become part of the fastest growing teams in the UK.|
Successfully holding this job will give responsibility for the controlling of costs, maximising value, minimising future liabilities and maintain the required standard of quality and safety on a range of commercial and financial contractual elements.
* Measure material/ quantities required for site by analysing drawings.
* Liaise with subcontractors for quotations.
* Compare prices from different elements of the work.
* Adhere to budgets and source quotations which provide best value and best quality.
* Monitor and review quotations and costs, where necessary negotiate with subcontractors to secure best value and quality.
* Visit site to observe progress of works including recording any subcontract issues.
* Prepare subcontractors for quotations.
* Manage the costs on a project to ensure both the company and the client is fully advised of the cost situation.
What we are looking for:
* Industry experience in the role of a quantity surveyor is essential.
* Prepared to work within various geographical areas.
* Excellent verbal communication skills.
* Excellent level of numeracy skills.
* Excellent influencing skills.
* Excellent time management.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Flexible and adaptable.
* Must have IT skills- MC office: Excel, project, word etc.
Previous experience in a similar role for a residential contractor would be an added advantage.
Feel free to get in touch with Jacob in our Newcastle office if you wish to find out more.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Quantity Surveyor Newcastle NE1 Residential Contractor