|Job Ref:||BBBH141230||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£ 70,000 - £ 90,000 per year, bonus + package||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:20|
Data Architect required by leading UK national infrastructure provider. This is a new role, working on high profile projects to build up capabilities around data architecture and data governance. You will be tasked with owning and delivering the data strategy & road map to support the wider business objectives.|
The company are in great shape and offer some fantastic opportunities to work on high profile projects with a combination of brand new tech and traditional legacy systems.
* Previous experience as a Data Architect (or equivalent)
* Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) between legacy, COTS and bespoke applications
* Ideally some experience of Big Data analytics & In memory databases and data types
* Working knowledge of legislation and regulation governing data access, storage and retention
* Architectural framework (ToGAF, Zachman, DMBoK etc).
* Previous experience in database technologies, including: Oracle, SQL, JDBC, PL/SQL, stored procedures, frameworks (struts, spring, hibernate etc)
* Experience in Data Management tools (modelling, migration, MDM, profiling, ETL etc)
* Breadth of experience in established and emerging data technologies - columnar or NoSQL databases, predictive analytics, data visualization, unstructured data.
* Understanding of taxonomies, as well as the challenges of applying structured techniques (data modelling) to less structured sources
* Understanding of the differences between various modelling and object modelling techniques
* Data migration (validation, clean up and mapping)
You will be tasked with defining, owning and delivering the corporate data roadmaps, standards and models against a constantly developing business and technical environment.
Working with different IT teams, you will inform, educate and enforce data management and governance best practice using your significant experience to ensure a cohesive solution is delivered.
There's a mix of traditional on premise applications and databases alongside a growing Cloud and digital capability.
The role will be primarily based in the company's offices near Portsmouth, however there is a requirement to travel throughout UK when required (typically 10-20%).
This is a great opportunity to join a very well respected employer on a new, challenging data architecture programme.
Please send your up to date CV for immediate consideration.
Randstad Technologies Ltd is a leading specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Data, Architect, TOGAF, Oracle, Big data, Analytics, MI, Business Intelligence