|Job Ref:||00015557||Employer:||Oxy||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Dallas||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 01:03|
Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people. |
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda - key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem's market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Senior Risk Engineer located in Dallas, TX.
Essential Job Duties:
• Manage comprehensive Process Risk capital project reviews from conceptual design through equipment commissioning on projects involving process safety, risk engineering, fire protection systems, hazard management, and critical process related equipment. Review all OCC capital project AFE's with HESS implications.
• Function as the OCC Process Risk technical expert in the design, operation, repair, and maintenance of critical process related equipment to assure accordance with applicable codes and standards, regulatory requirements, and suitability for service.
• Recommend, educate, and influence OCC management and facilities with state of the art knowledge on loss prevention technologies for Process Risk issues and industry trends/activities that may impact the organization, so that hazards can be identified, evaluated, and managed to ensure minimization of exposures and reduction of risks to employees, the public, environment, and company assets.
• Conduct Process Risk training on subjects such as; hazard analysis, facility siting, incident investigation, mechanical integrity, and fixed fire protection inspection, testing, and design.
• Lead in-depth Process Risk studies and assessments for OCC facilities, including Process Risk facility reviews and critical process related equipment reviews.
• Participate in HESS Audits to provide OCC management and facilities with an evaluation of facilities' efforts to comply with OCC programs, policies, and procedures. Validate that Process Risk related audit action items have been suitable addressed and ensure that adequate supporting documentation is submitted for closure.
• Lead Process Risk component of Due Diligence Reviews for new acquisitions to provide OCC management with an assessment of the facility fire and explosion hazards, level of service of existing fire protection equipment, regulatory compliance, quality of process safety programs, and identification of significant risks to employees, the public, environment, and company assets.
• Function as Process Risk technical expert for hazard analysis including:
o Consequence modeling using tools such as Phast, Safer-Trace, BEAST, VCEC, V-CLOUD, ISADS, and Baker Risk Vulnerability Tool.
o Risk analysis using tools such as LOPA and Event-Tree's.
• Oversee the OCC Property Insurance Engineering Program and Boiler and Machinery Insurance Engineering Program, including annual planning meetings, and facility engineering surveys. Serves as the OCC technical expert to determine if recommended actions are warranted, and to also identify/negotiate alternatives.
• Oversee tracking and trending of OCC property insurance and boiler and machinery action plans within the CATTS database to ensure adequate resolution approach, and schedule. Reviews closure documentation to validate that the intent has been met.
• Oversee OCC facility investigations of critical process related equipment, fire, explosion, and process safety related incidents.
• Support other functional personnel within the HESS Department & support the annual department budget.
• Represent OCC on Process Risk related issues in external organizations such as Baker Risk Explosion Research Cooperative (ERC), ASME, CCPS, AICHE, CMA, API, and NFPA. Support and contribute to the development of responsible laws, regulations, and standards to safeguard the community, workplace, and environment.
• Manages the following databases; OxyFire Fire Protection Impairments, HRTF Metrics, Risk Profile (C/E/D risks).
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
• 6 years of experience in process risk of chemical and/or petrochemical plants required.
• Specialized training in National Consensus Standards and experience in fire protection, loss prevention, risk analysis, process safety systems, and critical process related equipment strongly preferred.
• Experience in hazard analysis, consequence modeling and risk analysis preferred.
• Ability to travel up to 40% required.
• High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
• Physical requirements - Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status *LI-YN1