|Job Ref:||00015666||Employer:||Oxy||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Houston||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 01:03|
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with operations in the United States, Middle East and Latin America. Headquartered in Houston, Occidental is one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization. Occidental's midstream and marketing segment gathers, processes, transports, stores, purchases and markets hydrocarbons and other commodities. The company's wholly owned subsidiary OxyChem manufactures and markets basic chemicals and vinyls. Occidental has more than 35,000 employees and contractors. Occidental is an acknowledged leader in applying advanced technology to boost production from long-lived oil and natural gas fields and access hard-to-recover reserves. |
Occidental is committed to safeguarding the environment, protecting the safety and health of employees and neighboring communities and upholding high standards of social responsibility throughout the company's worldwide operations.
The Director of Communications and Public Affairs (C&PA) will drive strategic communications and public affairs initiatives to protect and enhance the reputation of the company. This person will be responsible for key communications activities, including marketing communications, branding, advertising, digital, and other relevant image-building strategies to support Occidental's business objectives. This person will be a critical member of the C&PA leadership team and interface regularly with the company's executive management. This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced corporate communications professional seeking a challenging, fast-paced environment at one of the most highly regarded companies in the oil and gas industry.
- Develop strategic communications programs to advance Occidental's business objectives at the corporate-level and for the company's global business units.
- Provide communications counsel on the impact that business decisions may have on Occidental's brand and positioning.
- Create and craft compelling narratives about the company's strategic direction and vision, mission and values to advance Occidental's strategic imperatives.
- Develop content for Occidental's website, intranet, annual reports and other collateral.
- Oversee drafting and development of printed materials, including the annual report and other marketing materials.
- Develop or review proposed speeches, external presentations, advertising and trade show materials, and secure appropriate approvals.
- Assist with strategies and responses to inquiries from print, broadcast and online media.
- Assist with incident communications, including development of key messages and implementation of outreach to key audiences.
- Support human resources on employee communications and initiatives.
- Support investor relations on key financial communications including earnings announcements, filings, etc.
- Be a valued business partner to the company; create a positive, collaborative environment, where the entire communications team can flourish and produce innovative programs. *LI-YN1
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or communications is desired and an advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum 15 years of experience with proven success in corporate communications representing a complex, publicly held, global company.
- Experience in the oil and gas, chemical or other global manufacturing industries preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrable experience in all forms of corporate, executive and internal communications.
- Experience with reputation management, crisis management and issue-based communications.
- Equally comfortable with strategic thinking and tactical execution.
- Maturity, confidence, poise and presence necessary to interface effectively with senior-level executives as well as external constituencies such as business partners, media, special-interest groups and key government officials.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities and meet deadlines effectively in a high-performance environment.
- Resourceful problem solver with ability to formulate and execute plans efficiently and effectively.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status