|Job Ref:||EMP372556||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Defence||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Monmouthshire||City:||Newport||Address:||Salary:||£36,000 - £47,000/year||Post Date:||07/10/2016 21:28|
Configuration Engineer / Configuration Manager This is an immediate requirement for a Configuration Engineer or Configuration Manager with experience of Software Configuration Management tools.|
A great opportunity has arisen for a Configuration Engineer to work for a leading Electronics design company in the Newport area. This Configuration Engineer role will be working on a number of new programmes and products being developed for both the UK and international markets.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to be there at the start in constructing a System Configuration Management strategy that shall reflect the fast pace and dynamism of our new project. Your role will be to define, deploy and implement system configuration management policy, along with the processes behind the policy and thereafter provide Configuration Management expertise on the programme.
Re-locators are also welcome to apply and my client can offer assistance to those who qualify.
JOB DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS
Responsibilities for this Configuration Engineer role
- Document a configuration management (CM) concept that spans the complete development cycle that references industry best practice and supports the use of Agile Methodology.
- Identity CM requirements that cover the system, hardware, software and data/info requirements.
- Manage and deliver the CM requirements against the overall CM plan for the programme.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the configuration management plan
- Responsible for defining, implementing, managing version control and processes
- Responsible for communicating and controlling release plans for fielded and test environments.
- Responsible for ensuring all releases and build processes are accurately documented and are reported through the approved toolset.
- Responsible for conducting Configuration Reviews to include but not limited to requirements, problem reports, defects and bug reports.
- Collaborate with the project design / build team in support of multiple, concurrent configuration baselines in line with the CM Plan
- Provide guidance to engineers on the Configuration Management Processes they need to follow.
Requirements for this Configuration Engineer role
- Extensive hands-on working experience of configuration management within a systems engineering Technology Company.
- Experienced CM practitioner in all hardware and software CM related disciplines, including Configuration Control, Configuration Status Accounting, CM Audits, Baseline Management, Software Configuration Management, CM database requirements and as-built management.
- Experience of the application and use of PDMLink tool.
- Ability to perform within a multi-functional programme team comprising both company staff and the customer.
- Demonstrated ability to organise own work and those of others.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work across multi-functional teams and businesses dealing with software and hardware products.
- Experience in roles that demonstrate technical leadership and application of system engineering skills, with a track record of delivery.
- Demonstrates understanding of the system/product engineering lifecycle and phases, and challenges associated with system engineering in a delivery focussed, commercially successful organisation.
- Confident and effective dealing with Customers and End Users
Due to the nature of the work at this site, applicants must be capable of achieving SC level UK security clearance. Current clearance is not a requirement.