|Job Ref:||EMP372557||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Monmouthshire||City:||Newport||Address:||Post Code:||GL13||Salary:||£47,000 - £68,000/year||Post Date:||07/10/2016 21:27|
Lead Systems Engineer – C4I This is an immediate requirement for a Lead Systems Engineer or Principal Systems Engineer with experience of planning and leading packages of systems engineering work.|
Systems Engineer, Leader
A great opportunity has arisen for a Lead Systems Engineer to work for a leading integration company in the Newport area. This Lead Systems Engineer role will be working on a number of new programmes and products being developed for both the UK and international markets.
You will be responsible for planning, execution and delivery (on time, to cost and quality) the Systems Engineering component of the Project. The Systems Engineering team will be responsible for the architectural and system design, managing the requirements, specifying the equipment/products that are required within the system, managing change and creating the body of evidence that enables certification and compliance to be demonstrated.
Re-locators are also welcome to apply and my client can offer assistance to those who qualify.
JOB DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS
Requirements for this Lead Systems Engineer role
- Planning, estimating and scheduling.
- Management and Reporting Of Execution Status
- Leadership/management of a team of Systems Engineers
- Self-governance to ensure On Time Acceptable Delivery
- Ability to provide challenge, set direction and overcome issues
- Customer and stakeholder engagement/management
- The candidate will have a strong understand and experience of developing Tactical C4i Systems; knowledge of the BOWMAN system is highly desirable.
- The candidate will be able to demonstrate strong leadership and management skills with a track record of on-time, acceptable, delivery.
- The candidate will be able to demonstrate significant competence and experience practicing as a Systems Engineer on a complex development programme. Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering is highly desirable
- Breadth and depth of competence in Systems Engineering
- Strong understanding of Model Based Systems Engineering and Requirements Management
- Strong understanding of specialist and support disciplines (Safety, Security, HFI, ILS, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
Due to the nature of the work at this site, applicants must be capable of achieving SC level UK security clearance. Current clearance is not a requirement.