|Job Ref:||TWMA-UKDY00799182||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Post Date:||05/10/2016 22:06|
Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. |
BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide.
We are currently looking to recruit a Lead Functional Architect for our site in Derby
Purpose of the Role:
You will be part of the Vehicle Engineering team in charge of Product definition and performance in a project. The Lead Functional Architect leads the activities related to the Functional Engineering process along the full V-cycle:
• Analyzing, clarifying, consolidating and developing all the applicable functional and performances requirements at train level (Operability, Signalling, Customer expectations, regulation, standards, Reliability, Availability and Safety) allocated from the Requirement Manager
• Elaborating Train Functional architectures (command and control) in order to satisfy all the applicable functional and performances requirements with a particular focus on Safety and Availability performances
• Leading and animating the exchanges with functional architecture involved stakeholders (sub-system engineers, TCMS engineers, Electrical schemes engineers)
• Conducting trade-off studies in order to select the most suitable functional architecture according to the defined criteria (cost, performances, carry over rate, etc)
• Elaborating the sub-system requirements specifications to be distributed to the sub-systems suppliers, to the TCMS team (software)
• Elaborating the pure principle schemes to the Electrical installation team (low voltage logic)
• Elaborating the Functional Integration plan and the Validation plan (Means of Proofs)
• Elaborating the Test Specifications for Validate the train functions
• Verifying the train functional architecture at specification level trough modeling and simulations (Model Based (SysML) methodology), including non-regression tests
• Verifying the train functional architecture at detailed design level by using the VirtualBird Modeling&Simulation methodology, including non-regression tests
• Manage the change and the configuration for all the functional architecture deliverables (models and documents)
The Lead Functional Architect undertakes delegated responsibilities from the Lead Vehicle Engineer to technically define develop and lead the design areas of a rolling stock project.
Your main goals are:
• to ensure that a complete and correct set of functional specifications and interfaces are issued for the project
• to develop a suitable train architecture, concepts and design solutions
• to ensure these are valid and correctly integrated as to meet the technical requirements in the form of a class leading, competitive and compliant rolling stock design
• Bachelor's Degree and/or Chartered status, Master's Degree in engineering is desirable
• System Integration experience and System Architectural understanding are essential
• 5 years of rail experience is necessary
• Significant experience and hands on delivery of the design, analysis, development, testing and delivery of engineering solutions that solve complex requirements
• Ability to review and judge the suitability of solutions and the planned approach
• Experienced in coaching and mentoring new practitioners, as well as in introduction of new techniques and ideas
• Experience in using SysML is desirable
• Ability to use technical knowledge in the support of other departments (engineering, production, procurement, projects) and the development of less experienced engineering personnel.
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at company website and start your dynamic career today!