Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide. |
We are currently looking to recruit a Lead Engineer - Asset Management
Purpose of the role:
- As part of the Maintenance Development team, you will be responsible for optimising the whole life costs of fleets under Bombardier's responsibility (15 contracts in UK, 1 South Africa).
- Projects will range in scope and time scale from one month, to a number of years - generating significant financial and operational benefits to Bombardier and its customers.
- From concept, you will define the scope, methodology and planning for new projects. Working in collaboration with the maintenance development team, system engineers, depot engineers, external suppliers and other stakeholders you will Project Manage these to successful competition on time and to budget.
- Developing world class asset management processes and procedures for use across Bombardier.
- Co-ordinating, supporting and mentoring the growing team in its delivery of existing commitments.
- For each project, you will lead the development of strategies to support extending and optimizing planned activities: component overhaul extension programs and best practice asset management for Bombardier rolling stock across the UK, Europe and South Africa.
- Planning and coordinating the activities required to deliver those strategies, including leading customer liaison meetings, facilitating supplier involvement and independent approvals.
- Review and if necessary produce risk assessments to support extension projects under review.
- Ensuring that product and operational safety is not compromised.
- Where required, supporting new build design reviews feeding back relevant experience.
- Assist in the development of an asset management system for the department including alignment to IS55:0000.
- Identifying and developing business cases for the application of CBM (prognostic/diagnostic) techniques and other new technologies.
- Experience in fleet maintenance and/or systems engineering in the railway industry is a must.
- Engineering Degree in relevant technical area. Master Degree in technical area (desirable)
- Chartered status (preferred) or working towards chartered status
- Member of the Institute of Asset Management (desirable)
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Able to effectively communicate and influence on technical issues across disciplines, cultures, work locations, and hierarchical level.
- Knowledge of Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) philosophy
- Successful delivery of optimization projects is highly desirable.
Do you recognize yourself in the description? If so, this position could be the beginning of your progressive career with us. Apply now & join Bombardier.
Posting date: 14.10.2016
Closing date: 13.11.2016
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37