Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide.
We are currently looking to recruit a Principal Engineer for our site in London
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- You will provide technical leadership to the Metro & LRV TSSSA projects and you will lead the associated engineering support. This will include development of the metro platform capability and the way in which we manage all associated technical aspects to support the platform.
- You will act as the technical expert and Design Authority for the platform, ensuring all engineering aspects of through life asset management are in place and controlled. This expertise will be acknowledged both internally, and by our customers and other external stakeholders.
- Governance of Central and Depot based Engineering activities to ensure standardisation in line with best practice and to facilitate learning across projects and platforms. This will include a common approach to design changes, maintenance and overhaul programs and other technical based disciplines such as fault finding. To ensure that all areas of engineering work undertaken, are compliant with both internal and external customer requirements/specifications and standards as appropriate, including compliance with all internal governance.
- You will develop strategies around maintenance and reliability for current projects and bids.
- You will lead the response and investigation to major critical issues to ensure timely resolution of safety and reliability concerns.
- Understand the key technical issues for each fleet and manage their resolution, in accordance with agreed timescales and budget. This will include production of plans, KPIs and delivering larger work packages.
- Work closely with Depot Engineering teams and provide direction for the engineering activities in support of the delivery of cost effective maintenance plans and reliability growth. Obtain approvals for the introduction of these important changes.
- Provide the creative input to develop innovative fleet management solutions to support bidding, sales and margin enhancement opportunities.
- Provide Technical support and governance to the Depot based engineering teams; helping projects to minimise risk and maximise opportunities without impacting on the safety of the trains.
- Lead the optimisation of maintenance and associated depot activities
- Ensure that best practices are delivered across all relevant contracts for that platform type, ensuring engineering leadership is provided across platform and the centralised project support adds value.
- Degree and/or Chartered status, Masters Degree desirable.
- Technical domain experience at a fleet level essential, development and delivery of asset management strategies and plans.
- An excellent understanding of the key systems and their integration.
- Understanding of maintenance strategies and their practical application
- Significant experience and hands on delivery of the design, analysis, development, testing and delivery of engineering solutions that solve complex requirements.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to plan and deliver engineering projects. Provide cost and schedule estimates on complicated engineering programs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the project engineering budget process and be able to generate, monitor and ensure projects comply with agreed costs.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to use this technical knowledge in the support of other departments (engineering, production, procurement, projects) and the development of less experienced engineering personnel.
- Able to manage a wide range of projects, to ensure that any work undertaken by, or on behalf of Services Engineering, is compliant and safe to operate on the railway infrastructure, is within the timescale agreed and to budget.
- Ability to and maintain the confidence of the project manager and Customer as an acknowledged Principal Engineer, in the area of Railway Engineering.
- Strong Project Management, and influencing skills are essential, together with the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels Ability to work with teams based at multiple locations.
- Flexible and proactive attitude. Role will require working at multiple sites.
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at company website and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people.
Posting date: 17.10.2016
Closing date: 16.11.2016
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37