Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide. |
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer
The role can be based in Derby
Purpose of the role:
- You will provide a professional Project Engineering service for asset life management projects for Services Engineering. This means that you will lead, manage and control all engineering-related activities in projects to deliver on requirements, budget and schedule.
- You will ensure that all areas of systems integration work undertaken on behalf of Services, are compliant with all areas of the defined specifications and standards as appropriate.
- You will ensure "lessons learned" and best practices are applied on projects and transferred to new projects and will act as a main engineering interface with the customer.
- Lead all aspects of design, implementation, testing and commissioning required to deliver the scope of the engineering project so as to satisfy customer requirements while adhering to project budgets and schedules.
- Understand the key technical issues for each project and manage their resolution, in accordance with agreed timescales and budget. This will include production of plans.
- Establish and maintain interfaces with other engineering departments & with relevant functions (Project Management, Procurement, Operations, Sales, Bids)
- Work closely with Ilford Engineering (execution depot) teams and provide leadership for the engineering activities in support of the delivery of cost effective solutions.
- Continuous optimization of Project Engineering processes/tools/behaviours by taking into account business requirements, customer needs, technical innovations, and new market conditions.
- Monitor, control and report monthly all product related financial aspects of the project consistent with the contract requirements and established project management procedures to attain established goals.
- Degree and/or Chartered status, Master's Degree desirable in Electrical or mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of railway engineering in the field of design and modification.
- Significant experience and hands on delivery of the design, analysis, development, testing and delivery of engineering solutions that solve complex requirements.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to plan and deliver engineering projects. Provide cost and schedule estimates on complicated engineering programs.
- Knowledge of the project engineering budget process and able to generate, monitor and ensure projects comply with agreed costs.
- Demonstrate the ability to use this technical knowledge in the support of other departments (engineering, production, procurement, projects) and the development of less experienced engineering personnel.
- Strong customer management abilities.
- Strong project management and influencing skills together with the ability to communicate effectively with senior managers across the spectrum of Bombardier stakeholders.
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at company website and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people.
Posting date: 14.10.2016
Closing date: 13.11.2016
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37