|Job Ref:||TWMA-UKDY00760907||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Post Date:||05/10/2016 22:06|
Verification and Validation authorization engineer (m/F) |
REQUISITION NUMBER: TWMA-UKDY00760907
Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide.
We are currently looking to recruit 2 Verification and Validation Authorization Engineers for our site in Derby, United Kingdom
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The primary purpose of the V&V Authorization Engineer is to undertake design assurance activities (driven by requirements based engineering) on Projects, Bids and R&D to ensure that:
• The stakeholder requirements are fully understood (within the context of the train design)
• The train design is demonstrably compliant with contractual and legal requirements
• The train gains necessary authorization to operate in passenger service
The role is to ensure that the train design is valid and verified and is demonstrated as such to achieve acceptance by the customer.
• Reviewing customer technical specifications and legislation to understand requirements and consequently assisting vehicle engineers in making key decisions regarding vehicle concept and architecture to ensure that these requirements are met.
• Generating the necessary technical documentation in response to customer Invitations To Tender (ITTs) and leading the resolution of technical compliance issues relating to the train design during bid negotiations.
• Capture (and where necessary further develop) customer and regulatory requirements based on contractual and tender documentation and assist the cascade of these requirements with appropriate verification activities to systems within the train (in DOORS)
• Liaison with the engineering team to determine (and support development of) verification evidence necessary to gain design conformance (both customer and regulatory.
• Planning and estimating timescales and costs associated with delivery of the scope of work associated with the role. And directly managing the scope of work during bids and projects.
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at company website and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people.
Posting date: 08.08.2016
Closing date: 08.09.2016
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37