|Job Ref:||139662BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Post Date:||30/09/2016 12:08|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
Our team of environment specialists offers clients expertise in air quality, impact analysis and permitting, environmental health and safety management consulting/due diligence, remediation consulting/engineering and construction/site restoration, specialty and emerging technologies, waste services and water and natural resources.
At AECOM we have one of the world's largest Acoustics Teams, with 50 full time specialists in the UK alone. We undertake a wide range of environmental and building acoustics projects offering our clients technical support throughout a project lifecycle, from outline design and baseline surveys, through impact assessment during the detailed design and construction phases, to pre-completion testing and compliance monitoring.
The size of the current Acoustic Unit and the development of large scale monitoring requires the appointment of a senior consultant to deliver projects and help with business development in the north.
As a member of our Acoustics team you can expect to work on a wide range of interesting and challenging projects including some of the biggest projects in the UK. Recent and current clients include HS2, Rolls-Royce, DEFRA, Nestlé, Thames Water, Highways England and Shell.
Within the role you will be expected to work with both internal and external clients and you will see yourself leading the acoustic input, undertake measurements, data analysis, predictions and write reports on a range of projects.
The person in the post will be expected to develop and maintains relationships with both internal and external clients.
The position will be based in our Leeds office focusing on the north; however there may be the need to visit sites and meetings across the UK and work away from home for short periods, including overseas.
We are looking for candidates who want to grow what is already the UKs largest acoustic consultancy.
The ideal candidate will already have a strong track record of working in acoustics and considerable experience of delivering complex acoustic projects across arrange of SNV technical areas.
The successful candidate will have/ be:
• Excellent personal organization skills
• Excellent written, oral and visual communication skills.
• a proven ability to deliver client expectations to budget and timescale
• client facing and be able to communicate complex acoustic issues to non-technical people.
• expected to lead the acoustic input, undertake predictions and write reports on a range of projects.
• fully conversant with relevant standards and guidance, especially, CRN and CRTN, BS4142, BS5228, BS8233.
• Fully conversant with acoustic leglislation relevant to Highways
• a good understanding and practical experience of environmental acoustics projects and the Environmental Impact Assessment process.
• proficient with a range of acoustics and noise mapping software such as Cadna A, SoundPLAN, plus CATT Insul, Bastian
• confident with a range of both acoustics and vibration measurement and analysis systems.
• demonstrate proven report writing skills , with the ability to explain techical concepts to a non technical audience.
• flexible and willing to undertake out of hours work on occasion and away from home for short periods of time.
• commercially aware with business development capability advantageous.
• can work in a team and direct and train junior staff
• willing to work with the latest technology to find market advantage and cost effective methods of processing and analsysing data and presentng it to a range of clients in useable format
• a high level of expertise in acoustic data analysis, model development and prediction
A first degree (and preferably a post graduate qualification such as a Masters) in acoustics or relevant technical disciplines (e.g. Physics, Mechanical Engineering. Maths)
Chartered status or evidence of working towards this
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.