Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We deliver creative solutions for building projects for industry, government, commercial and leisure sectors. Our building engineering specialists have expertise in structural and building services engineering, fire engineering, acoustics, facades and seismic design. We embed sustainability principles in every design.
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Electrical Engineer for employment in the Arlington, VA office. Under the supervision of a senior engineer, evaluates, selects and applies standard electrical engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- The individual will routinely review proposed projects including tenant renovations, electrical systems upgrades, facilities upgrades, data center renovations, and small new construction projects. In addition the individual will assist the customer's team in identifying the root causes of electrical problems and developing solutions.
- The individual will be required to gather and correlates basic electrical engineering data associated with assigned projects using established and well-defined procedures.
- They will need to exercises judgment limited to developing details of work in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives. Reviews the proposed solutions with the responsible engineer and agrees on a path forward.
- Employee's supervisor will screen assignment for unusual or difficult problems and select techniques and procedures to be applied on non-routine work.
- Position requires a general familiarity with a broad field of engineering and knowledge of reciprocal effects of the electrical scope of work upon other disciplines.
- The individual will either be assigned specific task on projects, small projects and/or areas on larger projects. They will work under the supervision of a team of registered professional engineers who will provide technical direction, guidance and final quality reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 2 years of experience in buildings and facilities engineering
- Experience with the design of modifications to low voltage (480 V and below) electrical power systems for commercial, government and institutional facilities including office tenant space, utilities and support facilities. This includes preparation of electrical system load analysis, short circuit analysis, arc flash studies, etc.
- Experience with the design of lighting and lighting control systems for commercial, government and institutional facilities in accordance with energy code requirements (ASHRE 90.1) including familiarity with lighting calculations, occupancy control, and application of state of the art materials to projects.
- Familiarity with the National Electric Code
- AutoCAD / REVIT and/or Microstation experience
- Displayed ability to execute complete, accurate and coordinated project design assignments on time and within budget. Understands overall project constraints including design budget limitations and schedule requirements.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with other team members and disciplines. Effective written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD 2012, including a minimum of one significant assignment on a project using AutoCAD
- US Citizenship required
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance within 3 months of employment
- Secret or Top Secret DoD clearance
- Working knowledge of Electrical system analysis tools (E-TAP or SKM)
- Direct experience in Data Center, Health Care, Government facilities
- Experience working on projects that were executed using REVIT or a similar 3D BIM Product
- EIT and ability to obtain professional engineer (PE) registration in the next 2 years preferred
- Experience with E-TAP or SKM software a plus
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.