|Job Ref:||SQSVS||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Ealing||Address:||Salary:||£ 50,000 - £ 60,000 per year, Benefits||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:15|
Senior Quantity Surveyor |
Location: West London
Salary: £50,000-£60,000 + car/car allowance + attractive benefits
*A thriving Principle Rail Civil Engineering contractor is seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join an established and growing team dedicated to a large project in West London.
An experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to join a Rail Civil Engineering contractor who has secured a significant amount of work in London. The Senior Quantity Surveyor will play a dynamic and crucial role regarding commercial delivery and management on a large project.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
Reporting into the Commercial Manager, key responsibilities will include:
* Managing the procurement of Sub Contract Packages, primarily civil packages of works and some material procurement.
* Deal and work with a bespoke form of contract from Network Rail to minimise the costs of the project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
* Implement a clear strategy to meet client objectives.
* Take the lead and support Quantity Surveyors and Commercial Assistants.
* Work closely with the client.
* Report into the project manager, senior management and operational team regarding progress and programming.
* Client and contractor meetings.
* Formal qualification in relevant field- HNC/HND or Degree in relevant discipline i.e. Quantity Surveyor.
* Strong background in Civil Engineering with principle contractor - experience within the rail sector is not a necessity but would be a distinct advantage.
* Expert knowledge on NEC and Rail form of contracts.
* Contracting background
* Ability to work within London.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position.
All correspondence will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Rail Senior Quantity Surveyor, Rail SQS, Rail Commercial, commercial manager, network rail, senior quantity surveyor, rail, civils, crossrail