|Job Ref:||AD012442||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle Upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Salary:||£ 30,000 - £ 38,000 per year, Benefits||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:20|
Currently working on behalf of a leading North East House Builder, who are looking to add a Buyer to their growing commercial team. Reporting into the Regional Buyer, you will be joining a business that is genuinely going from strength to strength, who have secured all of their workload for 2016 and 2017, who are set to grow further from a £40m 2015 turnover, and who are passionate about evolving into the most respected housebuilder in the UK.|
Supporting the commercial success of up to 4 live sites at any one time, you'll have a relevant background in construction, together with the ability to get on well with others, but also to get on with work alone.
WHAT WILL I BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
* To schedule and place material and plant orders with Group National Suppliers where appropriate or general suppliers, optimising cost and quality. This to include material orders for the Customer Care Department.
* To attend internal pre-start meetings and Team Meetings as required by the Technical/Construction Departments.
* To check Architects/Engineers drawings for discrepancies and compliance with the required material specification
* To produce material enquiries to suppliers for costing and production of schedules and assessing quotations and supplier's schedules to ensure they are correct.
* To produce material cost schedules and budgets with cost codes for new sites and as required, reviewing material cost codes to ensure budgets are not exceeded. Project and report material cost increases as they arise.
* To provide site material accruals on a monthly basis.
* To resolve invoice queries with the Accounts Department.
* Carry out material on site checks and produce report for own developments.
* Ensure correct specifications are being used.
* Attend site monthly to ensure there are no problems with supplies / materials.
Candidates should be ideally experienced in a similar role within large scale house building. If you would like any other information or wish to discuss any other commercial vacancies in the North East, please feel free to call Ciaran in Randstad's Newcastle office.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Buyer Construction Residential