|Job Ref:||10963BR||Employer:||MWH||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Falmer||Address:||Post Date:||06/10/2016 04:05|
CMDP is a joint venture between Costain & MWHT and will deliver a range of schemes to maintain and improve Southern Water's water supply and wastewater treatment works in the eastern half of its region (Kent & East Sussex). The individual projects are the design and construction of improvements to clean water and dirty water treatment plants, including pumping stations and sea outfalls. Individual projects within the programme will range in value from £250K up to £20M. |
You will report directly to the Framework SHE Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
• Understand the Company Health & Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures and statutory requirements as they affect the Project operations and ensure that the requirements are implemented.
• Assist in providing operational and functional management with advice on the prevention of accidents, ill health, environmental incidents and the practical implementation of the company's SHE policies.
• Assist in providing operational and functional management with advice for obtaining legal consents, licences and exemptions such as discharge consents, abstraction licences and waste management licences.
• Assist the Project SHE Manager in preparing and developing the Project Health, Safety and Environmental Management Plan ('HASEMP') / Construction Phase Plan (CPP) / Environment Management Plan (EMP).
• Undertake site SHE inspections as directed.
• When directed, assist with the preparation of SHE risk assessments and Method Statements and Task Briefing Sheets (TBS)
• Assist with the monitoring and reporting of Project SHE Performance as directed.
• Assist with the implementation and development of the SHE management system.
• Assist in the investigation of accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences, near misses and other incidents as directed.
• Advise on the assessment and appointment of sub-contractors.
• Assist where necessary with presentations to external bodies.
• Assist in the preparation and delivery of SHE training courses, as directed.
• Actively promote the company 'BE SAFE', 'BE HEALTHY' and 'BE RESPONSIBLE' campaigns in addition to the implementation of best practice principles across the business, to include stakeholders such as the supply chain.
• Set standards and lead by example in the management of SHE
• Maintain own level of knowledge and competency in relation to SHE management and responsibilities including appropriate qualification and professional membership
• Obtain competency cards in line with company Competence Card Compliance policy, e.g. CSCS / CPCS
• NEBOSH Construction Certificate or higher
• NA or higher
• Previous experience in a similar role within the construction/civil engineering industry
We are an equal opportunities employer
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)