Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||WHI00096||Employer:||GHD Pty Ltd||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Whitby||Address:||Post Date:||19/10/2016 05:02|
GHD is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. |
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 8500 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate
Our Field Services group is looking for a Senior Site Inspector to co-ordinate, inspect, and provide construction administration.
Your Responsibilities will include:
• Full time site inspections/ contract administration on transportation (road) projects
• Primary liaison with Plant/City staff and general contract issues
• Issuance of all site instructions/directions and correspondence
• Daily detailed report/record keeping.
• Review of shop drawings
• Responding to requests for information.
• Report on and negotiate resolutions to construction issues with Municipal representatives.
• Conduct site meetings and write site meeting minute reports.
• Prepares Contractors Progress Estimates in reason with Supervisor, Job/Project Manager.
• Provide feedback to design section on review/audit of internal/external engineering design drawing/contract documents.
• Keeps post construction records and provides progress reports.
• Learns and follows construction safety procedures.
• Develops implements and monitors inspection procedures in accordance with professional and corporate guidelines, including quality control.
• Able to work extended hours as project requires.
• Mentoring junior staff
• Other duties as may be assigned.
Skills, Competencies & Qualifications:
• Minimum 15 years' experience (Preferably a CET or P Eng)
• Strong record keeping
• Superior communication skills
• Strong problem resolution skills
• First Aid Training, Confined Space Entry, Log In/Tag Out, Book 7 etc would be beneficial; however GHD will train as necessary.
• Computer skills: Excel, Word
• Survey knowledge/experience on collecting Post Constructed Info
• Valid driver's license and personal vehicle
• Ability to handle stress
• Sound judgment and decisiveness
• Team player, cooperative with other staff with open sharing of information and knowledge
We offer a professional working environment and culture and offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.