Job Location USA - VA-Fairfax
Required Clearance TS/SCI
Posted Date 6/1/2016
Category Program/Project Management
Responsibilities for this Position:
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS), a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Senior Program Manager to join our team. The position provides an opportunity to develop the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed clients to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the Senior Program Manager will enhance their skill set by working among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
The Senior Program Manager (PM) will manage a large systems integration and technology insertion program in the intelligence community. The PM must:
- have a good understanding of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency's mission - specifically how NGA provides Foundation GEOINT (FG) in support of National Security as a member of both the Intelligence Community and as a Combat Support Agency of the Department of Defense and supports the National System for Geospatial Intelligence (NSG).
- should demonstrate experience in managing a dynamic program with continually evolving requirements, using open architecture, Commercial off-the-Shelf (COTS) and web-centric environment will be key.
- use his/her expertise and understanding of intelligence community mission operations, intelligence analysis, operational activities and direct support to government agencies as the single Point of Contact for the government for all program activities and will have authority to direct actions within the scope of the contract.
- be responsible for all of the operational aspects of this program (i.e. staffing, technical, administrative, financial, contractual, and personnel actions).
- be required to engage across multiple customer organizations in support of enterprise-level engineering, analytical and operational issues. In conjunction with this responsibility, the candidate must possess an optimistic outlook, strong leadership, teamwork and customer relations skills, and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- be responsible for the quality, content, and prompt delivery of all tasks and contractual deliverables associated with the program.
- be responsible for ensuring that all project activities are performed and completed in a timely, cost-effective, and efficient manner without compromising the quality of the deliverables.
The GDMS Program Manager will direct all phases of programs from inception through completion.
Core responsibilities include:
- Be responsible for adjusting resource estimates at project inception; tracking progress and planning, re-planning and adjusting course based on both realities of team velocity and potential changes in user needs over the course of the program.
- Estimate resources using point-based systems from their Scrum Masters' progress, and track progress via charting team velocity and burn-down charts.
- Be responsible for establishing leadership, management, and interpersonal communications skills necessary to inspire, lead, direct, and manage an agile software development team in support of a diverse group of Government customers.
- Be responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs.
- Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
- Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, business and administrative areas.
Candidates must demonstrate strong leadership behaviors, effective communications skills, a sophisticated understanding of budget management and the ability to successfully manage, grow and evolve GDMS programs. Key to this is a successful track record of delivering functional software via agile development methods.
The Senior Program Manager position requires a bachelor's degree in a technical field or business administration or a related discipline with five or more years of management experience in a related field or demonstrated leadership to meet the managerial expectations and/or Master's degree with a preferred five years of experience in program management in government Information Technology.
- Demonstrated success in delivering functional capabilities to the government's satisfaction utilizing agile design and development techniques.
- Knowledge of the SAFe methodology.
- Demonstrated performance in delivering alpha and beta quality capabilities to the government in time frames less than one month, and production of quality capabilities in three month time frames.
- Background and experience with implementing and delivering a Geospatial (Geographic) Information System is required.
Department of Defense TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran.