Job Location USA - MA-Dedham
Required Clearance Top Secret
Posted Date 7/18/2016
Responsibilities for this Position:
This is an Embedded Hardware Electrical Engineer position within the General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) Electrical Engineering Center of Excellence (CoE) that utilizes engineers throughout the country. We only consider highly self-motivated candidates that perform without appreciable direction. The ideal Embedded Hardware Electrical Engineer must demonstrate a strong technical background with proven experience in PWA circuit design, development, implementation , testing and root cause problem analysis, determination and resolution in combination with excellent task management and organizational skills. The Embedded Hardware Electrical Engineer must have strong oral and written communication skills, exhibit the ability to work and excel in a team environment and possess strong people skills with potential for future leadership positions.
The embedded Hardware Electrical Engineer must have a passion and willingness to work with and learn from highly skilled engineers to expand their knowledge in the General Dynamics domain of Electrical Engineering circuit design and be capable of executing assigned projects within program schedule and cost targets.
Key Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineering Leader will be:
- Design and development of custom PWA circuits that include circuit design and analysis, high speed designs, timing analysis, differential signals, analog and mixed signal designs, power (linear and switching regulators), DDR Memory, and familiarity with PWA schematic capture tools (Mentor DxDesigner/Expedition is preferred)
- Responsibilities encompass all phases of PWA development including requirements, design concept, functional and physical block diagrams, electrical interface definitions, circuit analysis, schematic capture, circuit simulation, BOM generation, PCB layout direction, EMI compliance, material costing, design verification and acceptance test generation and execution, hardware debug, and production support
- Perform fundamental functional circuit analysis troubleshooting, root cause and corrective action analysis, design margin analysis, component de-rating and stress analysis, detail trade studies, specification compliance matrix, report writing, and translating customer requirements into hardware specifications
- Work cooperatively as part of a concurrent engineering team with constant interactions and design trade-offs with systems engineering, mechanical engineering, software engineering and manufacturing engineering
- Capability to perform FPGA high speed design using Altera and/or Xilinx VHDL and/or Verilog is a plus
- Design verification using System Verilog is a plus
- Contributions to the electrical technical planning, scheduling, cost analysis, risk analysis and successful execution of small to medium programs or major electrical subsystems of a larger program containing significant electrical content
- Substantial contribution to electrical requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, requirements allocation, functional analysis, performance analysis (e.g. timing, power, etc.), trade studies, interface analysis and definition for the design and verification of electrical components, equipment and systems for major programs and projects containing substantial, complex electrical content
- Plans and leads electrical engineering root cause analysis for complex electrical issues, conducts experimental tests, evaluates results to formulate and implement solutions to issues
- Contributes to the generation and maintenance of electrical work products (i.e. plans, specifications, design documentation, etc) used for internal consumption and/or deliverable to external customers
- Develops and presents electrical requirements, concepts, designs, decisions and results to internal management, other organizations, team mates and customers
- Applies a strong understanding of the organizationally defined electrical processes throughout the life-cycle of the program or project
- Participation in the improvement of the electrical organizational processes
- Supports the generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the electrical development life cycle
- Leads the research and analysis of data, such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments
- Full use and understanding of electrical engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Strong understanding of electrical engineering processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multi-task is a must
Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, a related field, or the equivalent experience is required. In addition, a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience is NA may be required. Works without appreciable direction. Provides resolution to problems to a diverse range of complex problems which require the use of ingenuity and creativity.
Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Candidates must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran.