My Client is responsible for delivering one of the UK'S largest infrastructure projects and with the project moving closer to completion they are now looking for an experienced Planning and Reporting Manager to support in the co-ordination of the Project schedule and its interfaces with other System and Station Projects to facilitate and ensure collaboration to deliver a unified and integrated project. To ensure the effectiveness of the reporting framework and processes to provide required information to the Project Team and to the Employer.|
Supporting the Project Manager to:
Supporting the Project Manager to:
- Manage and direct Planning and Reporting functions in the co-ordination, administration and production of planning and schedule progress.
- Develop and maintain an accurate Programme Level 2 Control schedules.
- Facilitate a collaborative process that promotes engagement and ownership of Project Schedule throughout the Project team and ATC organisation.
- Monitor the quality and validity of the component schedules to facilitate their integration into the overall Master Control Schedule and facilitate and manage the logic interfaces between the component PDT schedules associated with the MCS schedule.
- Provide guidance around Project schedule development and ongoing maintenance, in accordance with planning and scheduling processes and procedures.
- Support processes to provide timely and regular transfer of accurate and coherent schedule information into the MCS schedule and programme.
- Identify and communicate specific schedule issues to the Project Team/ area Planner and relevant PDT as may be required.
- Undertake Project level reporting, with required robustness and clarity and in line with the overall reporting structure to assist the Project and Deputy Project Manager other Project Management team leads to make informed delivery decisions.
- Liaise with ATC Planning and Project Control leads to understand and assure reported data and to increase the robustness of analysis and onward reporting of information. Monitor data inputted into cost and performance systems so that it meets data standards and timeliness.
- Work with the Programme Controls reporting team to assist in the delivery of Programme wide strategic reporting, in particular with the System wide Business and Planning Manager to verify critical reporting information.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put the company's information or information systems at risk.
Key interfaces include:
- Provide and support initiatives and processes to achieve the required standards of planning and scheduling collaboration within the Project.
- Work in a collaborative manner with the Area and Interfacing Planning Managers so that their respective component parts of the MCS properly reflect the scope of work to be delivered.
- Reflect the linkages and dependencies into the MCS so that they are accurately reflected in the plan.
- Maintain the robustness of the reporting processes at Project level so that reporting provides trusted data that is timely and of a high quality.
- Cascade reporting processes throughout the Project Team to provide information of a required quality in a timely fashion.
- Managing 3 Senior Planners at Project Level.
- Systems Area Planner
- Project Manager
- Deputy Project Manager
- ATC Planning Team
- Other Delivery Team Planning Managers
- Educated to at least degree level, or equivalent training and experience.
- Experience of working on schedule development and reporting on a major infrastructure programme.
- Experience of schedule development in Primavera Project Manager P6.
- Experience in the use of computer software products (including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.