|Job Ref:||EMP372701||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Shepshed||Address:||Salary:||£30,000 - £40,000/year||Post Date:||08/10/2016 21:28|
Our client is looking for an experienced Surfacing Manager to oversee their highways surfacing contracts. |
Previous Surfacing Experience
Responsible for ensuring adequate day to day management of carriageway resurfacing contracts with associated Civils activities. The role will involve overseeing the management of key supply chain partners and working closely with the client to safely deliver a defect free scheme on time and to budget.
• Overseeing the management of the Health and Safety of employees and supply chain on the site, ensuring that Safe Systems of Work with Method Statements and Risk Assessments that comply with the companies Policy are in place and adhered to by all operatives.
• To ensure adequate planning, programming and resource allocation on each site to allow the work to be carried out safely and to be completed on time.
• To ensure a ‘Right First Time Every Time’ approach is adopted to deliver a defect free scheme upon completion of the contract.
• To work closely with the client to forge a good working relationship that can lead to repeat work and allow the company to become the preferred supplier.
• To liaise closely with the client at pre-contract stage to ensure that we have sufficient Early Contractor Involvement, with input into construction methodology to allow us to deliver best value and reduce any third party interface.
• To work closely with the estimating department to build-up target costs, ensure that the Site Managers understand the estimate prior to commencement of the works and strive to exceed contract margin where possible and feed anomalies back to the estimating team.
• To ensure that Site Mangers keep concise and accurate records at all time to allow the QS department to secure all monies generated on the contract and that all additional works are instructed by the client and written instruction is received.
• Hold a CSCS Site Supervisors card.
• Experienced in managing Site Managers working multi disciplined sites to ensure that optimum outputs are achieved to the required standard.
• Experienced in planning and programming to ensure the correct material, plant and resources are allocated to the Contract to ensure it is delivered on time and to budget.