At Thales we are inventing the future, right here, right now. Everywhere it matters, we deliver, because it’s not just our job, it’s our passion, our world.|
To help achieve our ambition we are currently looking to recruit a Head of Procurement for Maritime Mission Systems (MMS) and Queen Elizabeth Class (QEC) to be based from Templecombe or Bristol and join our journey forming part of our Global Procurement team based in the UK. This is an excellent opportunity to join a valued Procurement function that is at the heart of transforming our business and is recognised for helping to drive innovation across a number of markets including; Space, Transportation, E-Security, Defence and Aviation.
Thales can offer you an autonomy, excitement and variation working on leading edge projects that change our world. You will be supported by investment in continuous improvement methods, training and development and a structured career path.
Working as a Head of Procurement you will have the opportunity to lead a multisite high performing procurement team in a fast growing Thales business unit within UK delivering domestic and export products and service provision. An international supply chain forms the basis for development of product strategies and the successful individual will be responsible for best practice leadership in this environment.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Lead, manage and inspire the staff placed under his/her responsibility, setting objectives, motivating and developing high performing teams, and ensuring collective and individual responsibilities, authorities and efficiencies.
- Deliver the supply chain element of major bids and projects in the context of business core/non core activities.
- Applying, challenging and improving the Thales UK procurement strategy within the context of the Maritime Mission Systems (MMS) and Queen Elizabeth Class (QEC) businesses/project/products and managerially.
- Develop supply chain strategy in accordance with the strategic aims of the MMS business.
- Support and promote the New Product Introduction teams within MMS to optimise the product development and introduction phase.
- Lead and manager monthly procurement reviews for MMS and QEC to ensure that performance is delivered and measured.
- Develop action plans in line with the Thales UK procurement strategies ensuring congruence with the MMS/QEC business objectives.
- Proven experience in a mid to senior level procurement or supply chain organization.
- Stakeholder management at senior levels within an international organization.
- Significant interaction with purchasing category leadership teams.
- Use of Supplier Relationship and Performance Management techniques and measurement.
- Working in a business development supply chain environment.
- Team development and leadership with proven outcomes.
- The ability to translate strategic business vision into tangible delivery of necessary supply chain capability.
- Literate written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills to optimise cross organization working and to work effectively with suppliers and the business community.
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ button.