Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.|
Project Manager (Northwest Indiana & All 7 Chicago counties)– SimplexGrinnell
About the role
Rewards and benefits
- Project Managers are responsible for managing fire alarm, security, communications, and sprinkler installation projects in commercial, educational, healthcare and industrial facilities, positively representing the company in all client and architect/engineer interactions.
- The PM oversees and communicates project progression from inception to completion including design, permits, material delivery, labor schedules, and field installation.
- Develops a comprehensive project plan to meet schedules and budgets.
- Conducts Work in Progress meetings.
- Coordinates change orders and drives toward overall margin improvement on every job.
- Understands and follows all published codes, standards, and unique project specifications.
- Ensures AHJ requirements and departmental/SOX procedures are followed.
- Convey a sense of professionalism, fairness, and concern for customers, labor and management.
We’ll expect a lot from you, but we’ll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we’ll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you’ll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, business or equivalent experience required
- Five years fire protection, electrical installation, construction experience preferred.
- Prior project management experience and ability to handle many simultaneous projects concurrently required.
- Ability to read and understand complex building architectural, mechanical and electrical documents and associated codes
- Possess a strong and active working knowledge of MS Excel. Be able to create tracking spreadsheets, reference data in other spreadsheets and create macros.
- Ability to build and orchestrate a project timeline with Microsoft Project, or similar program
- Coordination of design, material and field labor.
- NICET Level II or higher preferred
- IL license and must have or obtain an IL PERC Card.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize among assignments with a strong adherence to deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, both with internal and external customers.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and self-motivating.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets company requirements