|Job Ref:||139988BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||30/09/2016 12:13|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at ;NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
We are currently looking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Consultant or Senior Transport Planner to our Policy and Evaluation team within our South East Transport Planning business. The candidate could be based in St Albans or London.
The successful candidate will need a proven track record in project management, delivery and an ability to work across a business serving a wide and varied marketplace.
The candidate will also need a solid technical capability across the transport planning field covering areas such as transport policy and strategy, public transport or highways planning, behavioural change, scheme appraisal and assessment.
We value a combination of analytical and communication skills, with a creative approach to problem solving, engaging with clients and stakeholders, and working closely with colleagues in other fields to provide clients with a full spectrum of skills and services.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an accomplished team and work on a range of groundbreaking and innovative projects.
Our teams plan and evaluate transport schemes, develop strategies and business cases, undertake economic appraisal, as well as look at the relationships between spatial planning and transport. This opportunity provides an individual with a platform to further develop our business in the region and contribute to the wider AECOM Transport Planning offer.
Our clients include the Department for Transport, the Highways Agency, Network Rail, Transport for London and Local Authorities.
We also provide support to bidders for UK rail franchises, including undertaking market analysis.
Some current and recent projects include:
• Production of the analysis and assessment report for Crossrail 2 and the non-technical summary used in the public consultation.
• Development of the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan for the Travel Ipswich scheme.
• Development of an overarching strategy for investment in the A1(M) corridor in Hertfordshire.
• Development of a multi-site Travel Plan for Hertfordshire County Council.
• Scrutiny of the optioneering, sifting, scheme selection and business case development of a number of schemes for Hertfordshire County Council.
• Strategic and technical support for Local Authorities and Local Enterprise Partnerships in developing strategies and schemes for LSTF and Growth Fund bid submissions.
The candidate would be expected to:
• Identify and respond to opportunities, prepare fee proposals for submission to client, including resources and programme.
• Act as Project Manager, with a responsibility for delivering projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
• Support the development of staff and assist in training and mentoring with a particular focus on assisting staff gain professional accreditation.
• Assist in the development and implementation of business strategies.
• Contribute to the wider transport planning business across the region.
Candidates will need an understanding of the principles of highways and public transport planning, policy, appraisal and evaluation.
Candidates should also have:
• Experience of delivering technically challenging transport planning projects.
• Knowledge of the UK transport industry, policy and funding environment.
• Knowledge of the application of appraisal and/ or evaluation techniques.
• Appreciation of transport planning best practice such as use of WebTAG or TfL's Business Case Development Manual.
• Ability to manage own and others' time to meet project deadlines.
• Excellent report and technical writing capabilities.
• Experience of working on a variety of projects as project leader with experience of dealing directly with clients.
Educated to degree/masters level or equivalent
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.