|Job Ref:||018255||Employer:||Hitachi||Country:||United States||County/State:||California||City:||San Diego||Address:||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:06|
Job Overview: |
Provide timely and professional technical support to HDS customers and partners in a large enterprise support environment. Primary duties include working with customers on problem discovery, documentation, diagnosis and resolution. Work with development on product bugs and issues to ensure successful problem resolution and customer satisfaction. This position specifically focuses on support of HDS software, compute, and UCP products; however the candidate will be involved in a variety of technical issues pertaining to storage hardware, SAN/networking, applications, and operating systems.
1. 50% - Develop and provide accurate and creative solutions for customer issues resulting in a timely distribution of knowledge and positive impact on customer satisfaction.
2. 15% - Create and present to customers documentation on technical problems, troubleshooting steps, recommendations and action plans.
3. 15% - Contribute to Technical Knowledge Base by creating tech tips, product alerts, and other content for the HDS Customer Portal.
4. 10% - Develop and provide technical coaching and mentoring to other support center specialists.
5. 5% - Act as a product liaison for major products, working with other corporate departments and 3 rd party developers to solve technical issues.
6. 5% - Communicate with management team on "critical" issues requiring immediate attention.
The candidate will have a four year technical degree or the equivalent work experience.
The candidate will have an aptitude for providing positive customer service and good communication, problem solving, and technical writing skills.
The candidate will have excellent organizational skills to manage many highly critical issues simultaneously.
The candidate will have over 5 years of experience working with Storage Hardware and Software in high capacity / high availability environments with the following configurations:
• Storage Hardware
o Hitachi, EMC, IBM, or similar.
• SAN (Storage Area Network) and IP technology
o Brocade and or Cisco
• NAS (Network Attached Storage)
• Storage Management Software and Middleware
o HDS HiCommand, Veritas/Symantec, EMC PowerPath, Linux Device Mapper, MPIO/MPXIO, etc.
• Heterogenous networks with multiple OS platforms to include:
o Solaris, AIX, Linux, VMWare, Windows, SAP
• Experience with various Linux OS's), Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, etc.), Web Application Servers (Tomcat, IIS, etc.) and network related tools (firewalls, proxies, load balancers, etc.).
• A minimum of 10 years customer service experience; Previously worked for a technology vendor, software or systems integration company or an IT Consultancy.
• Possess the ability to resolve issues and conflicts, as well as be able to take ownership in challenging situations
• Highly proficient in written and spoken business English
• Highly proficient and knowledgeable on the systems and processes required to achieve consistently high customer satisfaction
• Well organized, adaptable and a clear thinker
• Ethical and honest in all respects
Able to perform shift work to include nights, weekends, or on-call standby.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.