Requisition ID: |
We are keen to hear from experienced Principal Scheduling Engineers to join our organisation. We currently have opening on various projects across Europe, Middle East & Africa as well as our head office in London. If you interested in finding out more about current positons or future roles within Bechtel, then we would welcome your application. We are happy to conduct informal conversations with experienced an interested individuals.
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration:
- Relocation Authorized:
- Project No.:
Supervises schedule development, maintenance, monitoring, and recovery plan development activities. Responsible for scheduling activities for large projects; or major projects with significant non-routine requirements; or discipline/project/proposal estimating or staff planning activities that require a high degree of technical skill and experience. Supports/performs project organizational and administrative activities. Demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing, and providing innovative solutions to planning and scheduling problems. Provides generally non-routine scheduling guidance to projects.
A. Supervision Received
B. Supervision Exercised
- Reports to and receives technical guidance and operational supervision from designated supervisory personnel.
- Provides technical and operational direction to assigned personnel.
- Maintains relationships with project personnel, particularly with individual discipline group leaders and engineers.
- Continuing contacts with Project Manager, project team members, and working and supervisory level personnel of other departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provides comments and recommendations for planning and scheduling requirements relative to staffing and project control. Prepares detailed staffing plans for planning and scheduling activities. Reviews design scope criteria and quantities for completeness and reasonableness, and coordinates with the project to develop additional estimating bases when information is incomplete. Establishes the conceptual scope of estimates and studies when definition is not available.
- Reviews or assists in reviewing proposal provisions related to schedule and material control, and develops supporting data for contract negotiations.
- Interfaces with designated Bechtel management and client counterparts for specific planning and scheduling tasks.
- Participates in developing and presenting training classes on designated subjects and on-the-job training for specific processes and practices.
- Conducts personnel performance reviews when delegated. Interviews candidates and makes recommendations for employment decisions.
- Supervises the collection, verification, and integration of work scope for all entities into the total project plan. Reviews the representation of project scope in schedules. Establishes the conceptual scope of schedule studies. Prepares and analyzes comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data between the projects. Performs productivity analysis of construction operations and verifies results. Establishes productivity basis to be utilized in estimates, as developed in concurrence with Construction. Reviews labor estimates for reasonableness.
- Plans and supervises the effort to establish milestones for the total project or major portions of the project. Reviews project work activities to ensure the support of project milestones. Coordinates the timely, systematic, and complete acquisition of scope definition and related data.
- Provides supervision and assistance to planners in the development and integration of individual schedules into the total project plan. Reviews the performing organization's and unit's work logics, and determines whether the schedules adequately support the overall project schedule. Plans, coordinates, and establishes the level of quantification appropriate to the objectives of the effort and to the level of scope definition for each discipline or specialty, and designates reference job(s) for source data and/or reconciliations of quantities. Reviews completeness and reasonableness of quantities.
- Supervises/directs, reviews, and evaluates schedule durations for all disciplines' activities relative to the support of project milestones. Supervises/directs the calculation of durations and other considerations affecting activity durations.
- Prepares and analyzes comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data between projects. Develops bid evaluation and schedule criteria and prepares bid evaluations. May participate in discussions with vendors.
- Plans, organizes, and supervises schedule resource loading and leveling. Coordinates development of all bulk commodity release and installation curves. Integrates appropriate staffing requirements for each discipline/specialty relative to the overall project needs. Determines quantity and staffing levels in support of the project needs and schedule philosophy.
- Supervises/directs others in obtaining required schedule information by all disciplines. Supervises others in identifying schedule restraints and their effects on the total project schedule. Works with all departments to ensure an understanding of the total project schedule needs. Responsible for total integration of schedule activities. Identifies schedule considerations and problems resulting from interdiscipline or group restraints and interfaces.
- Supports development of scheduling standards and procedures. Compiles, summarizes, updates, and maintains historical schedule data. Monitors and reports critical-path and schedule performance of the total project.
- Supervises project schedule analysis and studies of problem areas to determine criticality of schedule activities. Recommends alternatives for schedule improvement to project team for discussion and/or decision.
- Coordinates information input into specific studies. Responsible for integration of activities and total work scope identification. Evaluates study results and recommends conclusions for project team consideration and discussion. Supervises/directs project schedule workforce and quantity reporting.
- Prepares and presents the Schedule Impact Report. Leads the development and review of schedule recovery plans, including evaluation of additional resources/costs required to affect such plans.
- Prepares and presents planning and scheduling information to management/clients.
Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
Knowledge of supervision, personnel administration, and training of technical and non-technical personnel.
Skilled in oral and written communication.
Advanced level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes, as performed by Bechtel.
Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, direct, perform, review, and present schedule products independently with minimal supervision. This includes using a high level of professional judgment and knowledge related to technical planning and scheduling skills and engineering design, construction, and procurement practices.
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.