|Job Ref:||00015645||Employer:||Oxy||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Midland||Address:||Post Date:||09/10/2016 01:01|
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Chemical Treatment Specialist within Permian EOR Chemical group based in Midland, TX. |
Essential Job Duties:
This position is responsible for managing OXY's chemical suppliers and targeting problems/projects that will add value by reducing failures, increasing oil production, reducing OPEX, or improving facilities.
• Assist in setting goals and long term vision with Chemical Treatment Lead
• Provide input of alignment and allocation of resources
• Identify and enhance inefficiencies of processes
• Participate on continuous improvement teams
• Affectively utilize resources internal and external of business unit
• Participate in annual and long term business planning
• Provide input on staffing plans / forecast to insure adequate staffing level to support business plan
• Develop and/or manage programs, systems and practices for maintaining & enhancing a safe, productive, and environmentally sound work environment
• Responsible for oversight of corrosion control and chemical programs for wells and for surface equipment and facilities
• Assures that program goals and practices are aligned and compliant with HES objectives, procedures and policies
• Works closely with Operations leaders, Mechanical Integrity team, Facilities & Construction and Project teams, contractor and vendor personnel to develop and continually improve chemical and corrosion control programs and procedures.
• Prepares and provides training to personnel responsible for implementing recommended practices for corrosion control and chemical programs
• Tracks performance to provide basis for recommendations and continual improvement in effectiveness and efficiency of corrosion control and chemical programs
• 4 Year Bachelor's Degree in science or engineering discipline
• NACE or other industry training in corrosion technology
• Experience with LOWIS, MAXIMO, CREDO, SPOTFIRE, and database software
• Knowledgeable in existing and emerging technologies associated with corrosion, scale, paraffin, asphaltene, and bacteria treating.
• 5 years experience with processes, procedures, testing and equipment associated with corrosion control and chemical treatment monitoring for downhole and surface equipment.
• Operational oilfield knowledge pertaining to artificial lift, facility operations, and surface operations.
• Chemical budget management with emphasis on optimizing chemical programs and maximizing chemical spend per BO and TBF.
• Root cause failure analysis data management and discernment.
Skills & Competencies:
• Strong understanding of chemical treatment is a Oil and Gas environment
• Extensive expertise in EOR safe work systems.
• Extensive expertise of corrosion, scale, paraffin, asphaltenes, and bacteria
• Extensive knowledge of chemical specifications and application
• Ability to manage Budget
• Strong Leadership and Mentoring skills
• Ability to perform under pressure
• Excellent Communication skills
• Knowledge of operations and reservoirs
• Strong understanding of economic and financial analysis
• Networking ability
• Strong decision making skills
• Drive for results
• Creativity and innovation
• Adapts to change and ambiguity
• Demonstrated success with organizations with multi-discipline staffs
• Understands business process and regulatory requirements
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status