Primary Purpose of the Job: |
- Lead the assigned Category Purchasing section during the efficient and effective supply of materials and equipment in support of Oil and Gas Operations, whilst maintaining a high level of confidentiality, adherence to high ethical standards and ensuring compliance to QP Regulations, Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines.
- This includes establishing Category Risk Profiles and associated risk mitigation strategies, Sourcing Strategies, Tender Plans, relationship building with key suppliers and overseeing disputes and claims resolution process to reach mutually advantageous resolutions.
- Ensure required attention and actions in meeting emergency material requirements.
- Lead market trends analysis, price estimation process and advice to User Departments on building of technical specifications.
Experience & Skills:
- University degree in Engineering or Supply Chain or Business.
- Membership of international supply chain institutes is desirable.
- Minimum of 12 years experience in purchasing of equipment and materials, preferably in an Oil and Gas environment, of which at least 8 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of technical specifications, international standards and manufacturers for Oilfield engineered equipment and materials.
- Good knowledge of commercial and contractual aspects of supply chain in the Oil and Gas Petrol chemical industry.
- Knowledge of Incoterms and associated commercial implications is required.
- Knowledge of QMS requirements under ISO-9000-2008 is desirable.
- Proficient in MS Office suite, especially MS Word and MS Excel applications.
- Knowledge of SAP applications and operations is preferred.
- High proficiency in verbal and written English.
Please note that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.