Job Description: |
The Raytheon SAS Mission Assurance Supplier Quality organization ensures that known good parts and services are received from the supply chain. We work collaboratively with our internal functional counterpart to ensure requirements flow down and TDP's will result in product that performs in the system, services that meet performance requirements. We conduct supplier oversight through requirements reviews, in-process and final inspection at supplier's facilities, perform 'value-added' incoming inspection at Raytheon to ensure compliance. We perform robust containment, root cause, corrective action and validation of supplier caused defects and develop bids that support all of the Supplier Quality Activity. This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
This Material Quality Manager position will provide Supplier Material Quality support to assigned programs within Space & Airborne Systems. Tasks include but not limited to:
- Interface across a matrix environment to determine requirements, develop plan for fulfilling the specific procured material requirements, while meeting the overall programmatic requirements
- Support Programs RFP and bidding process by participating and developing accurate Supplier Quality BOE to support program life cycle
- Lead and support supplier assessment process planning and execution, such as supplier capability assessments and post-award reviews
- Participate on cross-functional supplier selection teams, advocating best value, technical solutions and suppliers which can best meet the overall quality requirements
- Identify and document supplier risk; develop mitigation plans to reduce, eliminate and prevent supplied product defects
- Lead containment activities associated with discrepant material, with assistance from functional stakeholders
- Initiate supplier corrective action process, review, approval and monitoring; assure containment, closed loop Root Cause Corrective Action is obtained; communicate issue and resolution to functional stakeholders
- Lead and participate in multi-functional teams in process improvement activities using Raytheon Six Sigma quality tools.
- Perform defect data analysis and review with the program managers and supplier management, which will assist in developing Supplier improvement plans
- Minimum 6 years work related experience
- Minimum 6 years demonstrated defect reduction track record
- Excellent verbal / written communications and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively persuade and influence through positive communications with stakeholders, team members, suppliers, management
- Knowledge of assembly/manufacturing processes, integration and test operations and procedures in a high-reliability environment
- Must have knowledge of Quality systems, ISO 9001, AS9100, AS9102, Statistical analysis processes and tools, Supplier Rating Systems and Supplier Assessment processes
- Knowledge of Supplier Management practices and processes
- Knowledge and experience in the effective use of Root Cause Corrective Action containment and analysis process and tools.
- Strong risk assessment and mitigation foundation
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills for interaction at various levels of management
- Strong follow through and ability to develop practical solutions to a wide range of problems in quality systems, materials, electronics, optics, and mechanical products
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of SAP (PRISM) and experience
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- ASQ certified: CQE or CQA
- Six sigma specialist qualified (Raytheon designation or equivalent)
- Experience in Proposal and BOE creation
- Candidates in this position should be able to resolve technical issues with respect to product processes, systems, and deliverables in engineering, supply chain and quality and at the supplier.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Engineering Technology Disciplines, and/or Quality Engineering, Business, Supply Chain Management
Business Unit Profile
Go further. Outdo yourself. Set a mission and accomplish it with Raytheon. As a world-leading supplier of defense and aerospace systems, Raytheon is your partner for achieving professional success. Our Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is a world leader in integration systems and solutions for advanced missions.
As a Raytheon employee, you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care, as well as Healthcare & Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts. Your financial well-being will be supported through our saving and investment plan, stock ownership plan, and retirement benefits. Moreover, we offer flexible work arrangements and provide various other forms of employee assistance.
Make your next move to Raytheon!
- Discover a place where your aspirations match your goals.
- Where talented people can make an impact.
- Where challenges are a daily occurrence and rewards always follow.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo