Overview: At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company's growth and market presence. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA and for the people who work here.|
NTT DATA Federal Services, Inc. currently seeks a Senior IT Business Analyst to join our team in Pentagon City, VA. Must have a minimum of a Secret clearance or higher.
Position Functions or Responsibilities: In this role, the Senior BA supports our client's Information Systems Program Management Office (PMO) initiatives. This is a cross functional role and the Senior BA will contribute to varying tasks within one or more of the following PMO areas: Program/Portfolio Management, Projects Support, Investment Management, and Change/Configuration Management.
The Senior BA work may include and is not limited to the following activities:
- Contribute to business cases development, alternative analysis, cost benefits analysis (CBA), and investment management activities. Knowledge or familiarity with Federal Governance processes i.e. Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC), Exhibit 300, and Exhibit 53 is desirable.
- Partner with the government stakeholders and team NDFS Project Managers to establish the Portfolio Management unit within the client's PMO organization.
- Provide Requirements Management support to the PMO projects unit.
- Apply analytical skills and knowledge of Software Development Life-cycle (SDLC), Agile Methodology and requirements management to facilitate stakeholder meetings and support business analysis activities within the PMO.
- Deliver high quality PMO artifacts as requested such as high level business and functional requirements document, Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), System Implementation Packages (SIPs), Epics, User Stories, Business Process workflows using Visio, Use Cases, big picture diagrams, gap analysis documents, power point briefings, and other artifacts as requested.
- Assist with preparing systems documents and specifications.
- May assist with creating application test plan, test cases and evaluating test results.
- Assist with policy and process documentation and reviews and continuous process improvement efforts
- Support organization assessment initiatives. Document current state, future state and develop gap analysis reports.
- Support Performance Measurement Planning, Data Collection, Metrics & Reporting.
- Participate in project planning and schedule development/maintenance activities.
- Provide Weekly and Monthly Status Report inputs.
- Provide meeting support (schedule and facilitate meetings, prepare agenda, send invitations, prepare project briefings, present to the stakeholders, document and distribute meeting minutes, and track actions) for all assigned projects. Proficiency in meeting facilitation is highly desired.
- Support data calls as requested
- Support other PMO tasks as assigned.
- Candidate must possess:
- Exceptional analytical and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Excellent planning and organization skills with the ability to execute multiple tasks and deliver high quality deliverables under stringent deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build successful partnerships with business and technical stakeholders desired.
- Candidate must be flexible and capable of switching projects as priorities change.
- Candidate must be a self-starter capable of performing independently with minimum supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree (BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Physical Science, or other technology)
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in IT.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Project and Visio
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree (BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Physical Science, or other technology)
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience.
- Deep knowledge of Software/Systems Development Lifecycle
- Exceptional communication (written and oral); including documentation
- Exceptional meeting facilitation skills; including stakeholder management
- 10 years of experience as IT Business Analyst
- 2+ years of Project Management and/or project support/PMO experience; understanding of project management principles
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Experience or knowledge in IT service management (ITIL).
- Minimum of 2 years of IT Portfolio Management experience. This could include direct experience in one or ideally many of the following areas: IT Budget formulation/reporting; IT Governance/oversight; Select, Control and Evaluation of IT projects; performance measurement/management; IT audits/compliance; performance metrics; and/or IT portfolio prioritization/standardization/rationalization
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple work streams, multi-task and work well under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven experience in building successful partnerships with business and technical stakeholders as applicable.
- Self-starter with ability to perform and lead work independently
This is a full-time salaried position with a group company within NTT DATA. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors will NOT be considered. This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world. With business operations in more than 35 countries, we put emphasis on long-term commitment and combine global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services from consulting, system development, business process and IT outsourcing to cloud-based solutions.
Visit NA to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Options: Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Share on your newsfeed