|Job Ref:||EMP364609||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£45,000 - £55,000/year||Post Date:||08/10/2016 21:28|
An exciting opportunity has arise with our client, a major design consultancy, in their Manchester office for an Principal Bridge Engineer to join their well established team |
Experience working on various bridge and structural projects
To be able to work in close collaboration with team members of other disciplines and have an appreciation of their role.
• To lead others effectively and drive forward best practice and training within the UK bridges team.
• To be able to take on significant elements of the detailed design of structures personally and provide guidance to others.
• To ensure that the technical content of all work carried out is correct and carried out in accordance within agreed timescales and within agreed budgets.
• Work with CAD technicians to produce accurate drawings.
• Ensure that solutions meet client needs and expectations.
• Preparation of technical reports, specifications and tender documentation to support engineering work.
• To ensure that all work is carried out in full compliance with the Company’s Integrated Management Systems.
• Bachelor degree or masters level qualification in an appropriate engineering discipline
• Preferred – Chartered Status of an appropriate professional institution eg MICE/MIStructE
• Current experience of highway bridge design.
• Experience of the design of highway structures within a Design & Build environment.
• Conversant with BS5400 and Eurocode, and the general principles of structural engineering as these relate to bridges in particular and structures in general.
• Should be conversant with structural analysis techniques (LUSAS, SAM or Strap experience preferred but not essential).
• Good working knowledge of MS Excel & AutoCad required.
• Experience of preparing fee estimates and proposals.
• The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and clients and to produce clear and concise reports.
• Commitment to delivering quality products.
• Able to project a professional image and develop strong Client relationships.
• Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required.
• Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met.
• Take responsibility for personal development.
• Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions.
• Enjoys focussing on the detail and undertaking analysis and calculation.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK