|Job Ref:||EMP372190||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||Address:||Salary:||£35 - £40/hour||Post Date:||08/10/2016 21:28|
My Local Authority client is looking for a Senior Officer to join their Transport Strategy team on a contract basis which will be on-going (no specific end-date).|
Must have experience working in a Local Authority environment within Transport Strategy
The purpose of this position is to support the Principal Officer (Transport Strategy) in delivering the Council's transportation strategies including the development of schemes and programmes that contribute to the achievement of the Council's vision and objectives for a growing and sustainable city.
1. To support the preparation and delivery of the Council’s transportation policies and strategies as part of the wider Local Plan.
2. To contribute to the provision of strategic highway, transport and air quality input into wider Council policies and strategies, including the Local Plan.
3. To assist in the development of schemes and programmes to deliver the Council’s transport strategies, including contributing to the promotion of the Council’s highways and transport related capital programmes.
4. To support the delivery of the procurement and resource requirements needed in order to develop schemes and programmes, including preparing scoping documents, consultant project briefs and other such agreements for the provision of professional consultancy services.
5. To work with others in the Place Directorate, other directorates and external partners and stakeholders to facilitate the effective and timely development and implementation of the Council’s transportation policies and programmes.
6. To carry out preliminary designs on major and minor schemes for other sections of the Directorate to current standards and policies of the Council.
7. To ensure that appropriate advice and recommendations are made to the Council, Cabinet, Cabinet Members, Planning Committee, Scrutiny Boards and individual Members on all transportation and regional transportation matters, including through verbal and written reports.
8. To maintain and develop close liaison and cooperation with the Planning Section, other parts of the Directorate and key external stakeholders to ensure that partnership working on strategic transportation policy development and implementation is undertaken in an effective and holistic way reflecting the corporate vision.
9. To exercise with due diligence all powers delegated to the post holder in accordance with the Council's Constitution, policies and procedures.
10. To deputise for the Principal Officer (Transport Strategy) as appropriate.
11. To represent the Council in formal and informal meetings, inquiries and hearings.
1. A detailed knowledge of transportation policy, strategy and implementation issues.
2. Knowledge of scheme development and funding approval processes.
3. Awareness of relationship between transport strategy and other key policy areas such as planning and economic development.
4. Knowledge of local, regional and national transport strategy trends and issues.
5. Must have previous experience working within Local Government
6. Previous experience in developing and implementing traffic and transportation strategies.
7. Experience of developing transportation schemes and solutions in an innovative way.
8. Track record of delivering quality services, special projects, new initiatives and giving sound technical advice on transport issues.
9. Working successfully with a range of partners and stakeholders to deliver transport objectives.